We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Southampton, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Looking to book a honeymoon in May and hearing stories of overly expensive food and drink prices at these hotels. So being a little put off but not sure if I should be.

Thinking of staying 7 days H/B at Epheliab (mahe) and 5 days B/B at the Lemuria (Praslin). Hoping this is a good option of seeing two islands.

Wondering how easy is it to get out and about from these hotels to see the local life. I did read buses run from near the Ephelia but not sure how easy this would be. I am assuming both these hotels will be nowhere near the local life hence the expensive charges. Would taxis be expensive?

mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Dear Paul,

If the Price of HB suits you then go for the option of Ephelia and Lemuria, But it will be advisable for you to book a car hire more independence and easier option than Bus and a definitely cheaper option than Taxi for sure.

BV

http://www.bayviewseychelles.com/

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Hi there

Ephelia generally works as half board as standard and with its selection of restaurants, it works very well. The food is outstanding, from my own experience holidaying there this year.

Lemuria is its 5 star cousin on Praslin and is slightly more expensive. I'd take half board there, again, there's a good selection of restaurants and just from a budgeting perspective it is a good idea to pre-book.

Drinks wise, it does make me chuckle when people complain about 'excessive' drinks prices. The hotels in Seychelles are outstanding as is, of course the place itself. The destination is 1000 miles from anywhere and with a small population, the import costs are high. When all that is taken into account, the drinks prices are reasonable for where you are.

Remember, you can always bring a bottle or two with you, if you like a tipple but don't want to overspend on the drinks...

With regards transport. Both hotels have buses that pass by the main entrance that are a brilliant way of getting around. They do kind of only operate in the daylight hours though. Cabs are ok, set the fare at the beginning of your journey though, just to be sure and also, if you need a hire car, the local companies will deliver one to you at the property and collect it to.

I'd always recommend a day in charge of your own car, it's such a great way of getting around and discovering lovely hidden secrets.

Southampton, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Many thanks, looks like I have received some sound advice. Will most certainly hire a car on both islands for a couple of days.

Just booking now and leaving the Lemura on B/B for the moment. Thinking about adding the H/B later at £720 for the 6 nights, i still have an option......is this resonable for seychelles? I'm assuming so...but just leaving the options open for now. We like to get out and about and sample the place, as well as staying on the resort.

One of the hotels is on request so it may all fall down..... hopefully not. I have my fingers crossed. Very much looking forward to the honeymoon and many thanks again for the advise.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Some restaurants will do a free pick-up and drop off service so it's possible to go to some without a cab fare on top.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Paullost - BB at Lemuria is fine, leaves options open and it is not a cheap option. Praslin is compact so getting around is easy, with the longest drive being around 30 minutes to the other side of the island!

If you want some alternatives to the hotels you're looking at, just shout. These two work well together and there are great deals, but believe me, there are lots of amazing places over there!

Southampton, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

Many thanks for the great information. Have now booked both hotels and looking forward to making plans for our honeymoon. May sounds as though it's a good time of the year to go but understand rain can happen at anytime.

Looking forward to sampling all that seychelles have to offer.

I hear the water is at it's clearest in March/April and assuming it will still be super clear in May. Also hoping the snorkling is good near to the hotels.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

It can rain in May, but equally we went this year and had two days when it rained for like 1 hour a day, so it's not always the case.

Re snorkelling, the good thing with both hotels is there is more than one beach, the north at Ephelia being the best and probably Georgette being the best at Lemuria.

If you have the time when you're on Praslin, you might like a day trip over to Curieuse for a spot of lunch with wild giant tortoises and some superb snorkelling.

singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

If you plan to rent a car, it goes for approx Euro45 to 60 for a basic car. Main roads around the island are easy to navigate. Bear in mind that at night, aside from hotels, not many restaurants abound. Ephelia is isolated and best you go for Half Board so that you can lunch outside of hotel but dinners in-house unless you fancy a short drive to Le Meridien - service is nothing to shout about and the buffets are generally average but decent ala carte - had 2 lovely meals there watching sun set and a local performance

lfc
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

hi all, hope you can help, bit of a stupid question though. we have booked to go here on our honeymoon in june/july. we have gone half board, which we dont normally do, i understand that it includes breakfast and dinner, not lunch. are we able to go to all of the restaurants or is it a specific one where you have to go to eat, ie the rest you have to pay. thanks

ps has anyone been in june/july time, what was the weather like?

mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Constance Ephelia and Lemuria food and drink prices.

HI,

Check the weather here

http://www.pps.gov.sc/meteo/

BV

http://www.bayviewseychelles.com/

Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island