We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beaches to visit.

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beaches to visit.

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post :)

I have been readin through most of the posts here, and simply cant wait for my honeymoon later this year! We will be staying at the constance ephelia on Mahe.

I am a beach hunter, I just Loooove beaches! Can you guys recommend the best ones on Seychelles?

I've read that once not too miss are:

1. Anse Takamaka

2. Anse Intendense

3. La Dingue (This is on Praslin, how would we get there for a daytrip? Is there a ferry or something that can take us there for the day?)

Any others?

Thanks!

Belgium
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

At Mahé, I thought the best beach was Anse à la Mouche, because it's very nice to swim there (the water is very calm). There was also another beach which we both thought was absolutely beautiful, but I can't remember the name. Almost all beaches are beaufiful actually. Best thing is to hire a car for at least one day and drive to all the beaches and make out yourself which ones you like the most. But it not all beaches are easy accessible by car :-)

La Digue is not a beach but an island. Mahé is the biggest island, then Praslin and then La Digue. The best beach of Praslin to my opinion is Anse Lazio and on La Digue Anse Source d'Argent (but you'll have to pay a fare to get access to the last beach).

You can take the cat cocos from Mahé to Praslin and another one from Praslin to La Digue. If I'm not mistaking, you cannot go directly from Mahé to La Digue (unless you take a plane).

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

Thanks for the feedback! I guess we will have to go and see ALL of the beaches! Man I am so excited!

Belgium
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

You should be excited :-) The Seychelles are stunning and there are very few tourists so there are always very limited people on the beaches! Beau vallon is the most popular beach and when we visited it, there were maximum 30 people over there!

We're going back next week (late honeymoon!) and can't wait either!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

My favorite beach on Mahe is Anse Soliel, on Praslin it is Anse lazio, and on La Digue it is Grande Anse. Anse Source D'Argent looks wonderful, but is no good if you want to swim.

5. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 12:23
ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

You can drive yourself mad at the link below which describes and often provides pictures of the beaches in the Seychelles. I would hire a car for a few days and tour the island(s) you are going to and just pull over and hop out at each one!

seychelles.travel/en/things_to_do/beaches.php

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

@Id >> thank you so much for the link! where is this beach which is pictured on the link (holidays-direct-seychelles.com/images/A_1_77…)? Oh my word I Must go there!!!!

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

Best advice: hire a car on Mahe and Praslin and explore, when and if you get over to La Digue do the same, except by bicycle. That way you, yourself will find the best, which, of course is always down to individual choice!

You'll love it

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Awesome!!

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Beaches to visit.

Hard to say which beach the photo is from, it looks a little like the Glacis area on Mahe, but it could equally be a private island or indeed anywhere! There are lots of beaches that look like that on the Seychelles and it is a beach junkies paradise. You won't be dissapointed.

Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island