We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

I'm going to Mahe on Saturday and have 10 nights accomodation in Constance Ephelia. What's the best way to visit Praslin and La Digue. Shall I choose two different trips from Mahe or organise overnight stay in Praslin?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Hello Darius!

Organizing 2 different trips to Praslin and La Digue will only increase your costs. I advise you to stay overnight on La Digue and visit Praslin the day after. Sunsets are nicer on La Digue this is why I advise you to spend the night here.

Miki

Seychelles
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

If you absolutely cannot stay the nite, there are local tour operators who do a full day trip to both Islands leaving early morning returning before 7pm with the highlights of both Islands. Praslin and La Digue are a must see.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Dear Seychelles fans,

one-day trip at Praslin is really easy to organize! You will just take a ferry boat, the trip is around 40minutes. Than you can hire a car and see whole island in one day. As you see, there is no need to book an accommodation.

La Digue is really ''must see'' island! If you already book 10 nights at Mahè, I would book another 2 nights at La Digue to enjoy this wonderful island. It's always better to make last night at Mahè, otherwise you will not catch your flight in morning, because they are no ferry boats early in the morning.

The reason why to book the accommodation at La Digue instead of to go there just for one day is also that the way from Mahè to La Digue by boat (actually there are no other possibilites, to be faster you could take the flight from Mahè to Praslin), takes you around 90minutes with usually one stop at Praslin, so it could be even more. And the last ferry boat is leaving around 6pm, so you have to be really fast to get the last boat.

Keep in mind that some of the villas or hotels do not accept accommodation for only one night, that's why I consider you to book two nights. Like this you will enough time to enjoy the wonderful island La Digue, make a trip by bike (there are no cars, so only way how to move is bike or by foot:-)).

ENJOY THE SEYCHELLES!!

Ivana

Seyvillas Team

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Ivana, I wonder when Seyvillas decides to decrease the prices for accomodation. They are far from being competitive. In some cases you are charging 20% more than the normal price (Etoile Labrine, Fleur de Sel).

Miki

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Hi Miki,

we had this question from you before. We have already answered you deeply here:

tripadvisor.com/…50294498

It is nice to find in this forum other Seychelles profis like you... let's help the Seychelles fans to discover this paradise in the best way :)

Ivana

SeyVillas Team

Cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

i decided to stay one night in La Digue. Can you tell me please if this is realistic to go to La digue on Friday morning(21 June) spend all day and stay overnight on the Island and take the first ferry in the morning to Praslin. I'dlike to rent a car in Praslin and come back to Mahe in the evening.

How to book accomodation in La Digue?

How to rent a car in Praslin?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Hello Darius,

Try to check the following websites for booking a night on La Digue: http://www.holidays-direct-seychelles.com/ and www.agoda.com. There are several accomodations that will shelter you for one night. On Praslin you have several companies which rent cars and you can find them here: seychelles.travel/en/…

I used Steppe Car and Capricorn and we were very satisfied by the service and the cars so I recommend them both.

Miki

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Hi Darius,

for one night in La Digue we can suggest you La Kaz Safran. The accommodation is situated close to the jetty, therefore you do not need to take any taxi and you can be easily on time to catch the ferry to Praslin early in the morning!

The owner, Ben, is really nice and friendly and he can cook delicious creole dishes like the octopus or the red snappers. You can check the marvelous dishes here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Here the sundown from the beach in front of the accommodation...marvelous!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

To rent a car it is easy, you can do it in advance but we kindly suggest you to do that when you arrive in Praslin, straight and quick!

We wish you a great holiday!!!!

SeyVillas Team

Ivana

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

Hello again Darius!

You have plenty of guesthouses around La Passe: Pension Michel, Fleur de Lys or Cocotier du Rocher just to name a few.

Miki

10. Re: Visiting Praslin and La Digue from Mahe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island
Recent Conversations