We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Hi all

any of you have experience of travelling to Seychelles with a toddler? my baby will be over a year old in jan. and we are considering visiting the Seychelles .

Is it a safe place, healthwise ? any risk of dengue or malaria?

is it reasonable to consider staying in more than one hotel-resort in order to visit the different islands....all with a baby? of course we are experienced travellers and we have visited some countries in asia .... but never been in the seychelles so i am not sure what to expect !

thank you !

Victoria
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Seychelles is perfectly save, even for toddlers. We don't have dangerous animals, nor thunderstorms or earthquakes. Natural disasters are non-existent here as are harmful animals. The only risk pose centipedes, which can leave a very painful bite on the human body. Tropical diseases like Malaria are not found here.

You can take a local flight via Air Seychelles to Praslin and the ferry Cat Rose to La Digue. The ferry connects you to La Digue in 15 minutes. The flights duration is 15 minutes as well.

Kind regards from Seychelles!

And please don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Hi!!

I can only confirm: Seychelles are safe!!! The only thing I can add is to be careful with the sun for the baby but this is normal when you go to the sea, wherever you go, on Summer.

You can choose between 2 or 3 islands, depending on the duration of your holiday. If you do only 10 days you could opt for Praslin and Mahé and visit La Digue with a daily tour from Praslin. Consider that. thanks to the local agencies specialized on the Seychelles, you can find a lot of excursions and organized tours!

If you stay more than 10 days I suggest you to stay in 3 islands (La Digue is unique!!!).

Francesca

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Hi Francesca and Seyresa and thank you for your answers. Of course i will protect my baby from the sun :-) we live by the sea here in italy and he only goes in the sun at 5 pm.

about car rental for praslin, is it an option to find a baby car seat or they are not used in Seychelles?

and for bike rental in la digue, is it possible in your opinion to find a child seat for the back of the bike?

i think we can do 2 weeks. any idea on a good baby friendly resort?

Francesca, i actually heard of Seyvillas as a good agency to book a trip ! do you work for them ?

our dates of travel should be from oct.20 to nov.20.... hope i can plan something!

thank you guys for your great help !

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Hello Massalfieri!

It will be very difficult to find a car on Praslin which has a baby seat, Just write to the most important rental companies in Praslin (Austral, Capricorn, Century or Steppe Car Hire) and maybe you will find one.

On La Digue there are bikes with backseat for children so your baby will be safe.

The best baby friendly resorts are Four Seasons, St Anne, Ephelia, Lemuria and Raffles.

Francesca is working for Seyvillas but sadly for them they charge exorbitant prices in comparison with other sites (booking, agoda, seychelles-last-minute, seyexclusive). In order to understand the differences I will give you some examples: Bay View Villa 110 euro paid by me, 210 euro charged by Seyvillas, Etoile Labrine 110 euro paid by me, 135 euro charged by Seyvillas, La Diguoise 110 euro paid by me, 160 euro charged by Seyvillas and the list can continue.

Miki

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Thank you for all these infos !

well i was also wondering :

what is the sitiìuation with the weather in the beginning of november? and what about the seaweeds? what we love the most is swimming and snorkeling, so clear water with no seaweeds washed ashore is a bonus !

thank you all !

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

November is a quiet month in Seychelles, normally it should be the beginning of the rainy season but last year we had a really gorgeous weather. It only rained 2 times in 10 days and only for 20 minutes. We had lot of sun and we enjoyed our vacation at max. On Praslin do not miss Anse Lazio for snorkeling, Cote d'Or for dolce far niente and try to avoid Grand Anse which will have tones of seaweed. On La Digue Anse Source d'Argent is perfect for enjoying sunsets and ocean. I advise you also to go to Curieuse where Baie Laraie is great for swimming and snorkeling with turtles. On Mahe I advise to visit all south-western beaches starting with Anse Takamaka and ending with Anse a la Mouche. Anse Royale and Petite Anse have fair snorkeling.

Miki

7. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 23:35
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

Hello Francesca,

Even if we have already discussed about your prices you are not succeding in offering competitve prices. This is why I keep making comparisons and I will until you will make lower margins with more tourists than higher margins with less tourists. For example I do not know what great service you can offer to a tourist since Seychelles is one of the destinations that you can discover very easily on your own without the assistance of a tour operator or travel agency.

Miki

9. Re: Seychelles hopping with a 15 months old baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island