We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
essex
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

We are looking to book our honeymoon at the above hotel in Mahe but normally we go all inclusive which isn't available here, could anyone let me know the approx costs of drinks so we can budget for that on top of our HB/FB package please?

Thanks

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Hi flojobright!

First of all I advise you to go FB if you want to spend most of the time on hotel grounds. If you want to discover the island and you will eat most of the lunches outside the hotel then go for HB. Prices for drinks are very high, a beer is around 4 GBP, the same prices you will find also for coke or fanta. A cocktail is around 10 GBP and a bottle of wine 50 GBP. There is also a shop close to the North gate from where you can buy drinks and you can store them in the room minibar.

Miki

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Hello!

I have some questions regarding ephelia myself. We are having a HB package (10 days), and since we have a little child , we are planning to stay the most of the time on hotel grounds.

What are the options for eating lunch? Any shops where we could buy something? I could not find any information about FB.

Do you have to buy drinking water or is it served for breakfast and dinner. I would be grateful for any other tips regarding meals? We are not planning to rent a car.

We are thinking of course to visit the Anse Source d’Argent. Any recommendation regarding tour operator ? Is the tour child friendly ? My child is nearly 3 years old.

Thanks in advance!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Hi Alvin,

Unfortunately the resort is located in a very retreat area with no restaurants around so it would have been better for you if you had chosen FB package. All the drinks are extra so you have to pay also for drinking water. I advise you to buy drinks and snacks from the shop near the North gate.

Regarding ASDA try to contact Masons or Creole Travel Services for a day trip to La Digue. Your little one will love the giant tortoises from L'Union Estate. Normally the tour does not include lunch but you can enjoy one just near Anse Source d'Argent beach at Lanbousier.

If you need more info just let me know.

Miki

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Thank you for your reply!

I have asked them and they told me that they not have full board package. It is not available on their website. (http://epheliaresort.constancehotels.com/)

Regarding excursion, there are options for a full day trip to La Digue, full day trip to Praslin and a full day combo La Digue - Praslin. What would you recommend (especially with my 2 year old in mind).

And one more question, if we decide to rent a car, how are the roads on Mahe, they look like they are not easy to drive. I was never driving "the wrong way" before.

Thank you again.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Hi Alvin,

If you book your stay at Ephelia through Seyexclusive or Justseychelles they will offer you a FB package and prices are much more competitive than what the hotel is offering. (HB basis)

From the 3 daytrips mentioned by you I would choose the 2 daytrips to Praslin and La Digue because the 2 islands are very different: La Digue more rustique with plenty of marvelous beaches while Praslin besides beaches is offering coco de mer reserves like Vallee de Mai and Fond Ferdinand.

Seychelles is the country where I tried for the first time driving on the left side of the road. Roads are narrow but if you drive slowly and carefully you will enjoy it. Try to rent a car with an insurance that has max. 5-800 euro liability.

Miki

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Thank you for your fast replies!

Is there a price difference in renting online now, or waiting until we arrive to Seychelles?

Any companies you would recommend?

One more thing, we will be there in mid April, any dos or don'ts?

Thanks again!

Edited: 12 February 2014, 15:19
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Hi Alvin,

It is better to rent a car in advance because during Easter the demand for car rental is higher and you can pay more for the same type of car that you can reserve now at a lower price. My favourite car rental company on Mahe is Alpha Car rental: cheap, good cars and very reliable.

Regarding dos and don'ts I advise you to use sunscreen with high protection factor (April is the hottest month), keep your valuables in the safe, do not let your things unattended on the beach, do not park your car under coconut trees and be careful when driving near the buses. Avoid using the car during the night because the roads do not have lights.

Miki

Edited: 13 February 2014, 17:16
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Thank you!

Renting a car, driving to Victoria, taking the ferry to La Digue, and exploring La Digue on our own. Would you recommend that to us?

Thanks for all your help!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

Yes I totally recommend your itinerary and I would also add a daytrip to Praslin, Wednesday bazaar in Beau Vallon and Jardin du Roi for exploring the tropical plants.

Miki

10. Re: Constance Ephelia meal/drinks packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island