We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

Munich, Germany
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

Hi Guys,

I am staying in Eden Island for 6 nights starting mid march with my girlfriend. I have a few questions for Mahe experts and I hope the information might make the say more enjoyable:

1. What would a taxi from airport to Eden Island cost? Do you have the contact details of a reasonable taxi service?

2. I wont be renting a car and hope to get around with bus. From what I understand that should not be a problem. A major focus of the trip is beaches and snorkeling. What areas would you recommend that we visit in mid march?

3. Eating: Looking for budget eating and no fancy places. Any recommendations?

4. Is the water temp warm enough in mid march for snorkelling/ swimming?

4. Any other useful tips are much appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mahe Island
Mahe Island
Seychelles
mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

HI,

Taxi should cost somewhere between 20-25 USD.

This time of the year it is best to avoid north-west of the Island.

You can walk around Victoria for take-aways during the day for cheaper food options, at the Eden Island entrance you have a place called Nooners and about a Km towards town you would find a place called Buthcers Grill where you would get much cheaper options for food as compared with restaurants. You should try to visit the Wednesday Bazar at Beau Vallon, in the evening to taste the local specialties.

www.seychellesbayview.com

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

Hi kunal,

Best snorkeling spots during March are Anse Royale and Anse Forbans which are seaweed free and not very far from Eden Island. Sea temperature is around 29* C, second highest during the year after April. Cheap restaurants with good food are Boathouse and Maria's Rock Cafe.

As taxi driver I can recommend Mr. Esparon, you can write him at allenesparon@gmail.com.

Miki

Mentioned in this post
Anse Royale
Anse Royale
Mahe Island, Seychelles
mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

HI,

Went to boathouse last week and was a bit disappointed with the fare, Marie Antoinette might be a better option for creole food.There also some quaint little restaurants tucked away in Victoria that might be interesting, like Kaz Zanana, Rendezvous, Pirates arms, Alliance Franchaise, Butchers grill.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

At Boathouse we ate the best tuna steak and the best fish and chips from all the restaurants we tried in Seychelles. Also the dish price was very reasonable (160 Rs). So I do not know Bayview about what high fares you are talking about. Name the dishes and the prices to make a comparison with Kaz Zanana or Marie Antoinette.

Baobab Pizzeria is also a cheap place to eat but service is mediocre here.

Miki

Mentioned in this post
mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

Hey Miki

No offense, by fare I meant Food served, not the price. And I was speaking of my personal experience, we had the buffet, which is what the restaurant is known for.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

Buffet dinner was just ok for the price we paid - 400 Rs - definitely we will not come back for dinner but lunch for us is a must here.

Miki

Munich, Germany
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

thank you everyone for the useful tips

-Kunal

8. Re: 6 nights Eden Island: advice regarding Activities, eating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island