We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposing to my girlfriend

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Proposing to my girlfriend

Help need...

I'm looking at asking my girlfriend to marry me in September in the Seychelles. We are staying on Mahe Island firstly for 5 days. I was wondering if anyone had an romantic locations or ideas on where to do this? I'm looking to do something romantic and private just where it is us two but hoping to do something not ridiculously expensive :)

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proposing to my girlfriend

Congrats; what an exciting time up ahead! And you've chosen a beautiful destination to propose!

If you enjoy nature and adventure, you could perhaps consider Morne National Park on Mahe. It has the highest peak in the Seychelles; so a half-day (or so) hike could offer you fantastic views and maybe the perfect spot for a proposal!

If you are able to spend some money on the occasion, another option is to go to one of the smaller islands on a day trip. St. Anne National Marine Park is also worth considering.

I hope this helps somewhat. Let us know what you decide!

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Proposing to my girlfriend

Hi

Perhaps a day trip to La digue, which has some of the most spectacular beaches.....

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
490 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proposing to my girlfriend

Hello!

Also Anse Georgette beach on Praslin is a great place for that, it is one of the world most beautiful beaches and it is also not crowded.

Uros

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Proposing to my girlfriend

Thank you for all your help.

Am thinking possibly more of a secluded romantic meal but nice to have a few options

5. Re: Proposing to my girlfriend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island