We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black pearls?

4 posts
Save Topic
Black pearls?

Hi, just wondering did anyone buy the black pearls from the black pearl farm? How's the pricing like? Are the black pearls only sold in praslin? Any in Mahe? Tks

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black pearls?

seychelles.travel/en/…

the link above shows photos with rings priced at 1200 dollars. I don't know If that's a good price or not. From my limited experience of buying Tahitian pearls. The grading system is complicated involving size, shape, colour and lustre determining the value. I would suggest doing some research on grading pearls before you go and having a budget in mind.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black pearls?

seychelles.travel/en/…

the link above shows photos with rings priced at 1200 dollars. I don't know If that's a good price or not. From my limited experience of buying Tahitian pearls. The grading system is complicated involving size, shape, colour and lustre determining the value. I would suggest doing some research on grading pearls before you go and having a budget in mind.

3. Re: Black pearls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 10:33
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island