We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

Kiev
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

Hi!

Please, recommend the best way to get from Mahe airport to Praslin and local tour company where we could book such transfer. How much two way transfer may cost? Any estimations&

1. Re: Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 12:23
Staffs
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

hi there I have just contacted Catcocos re free shuttle and cat transfers to Praslin from airport. They are very helpful and run a free shuttle to Cat ferry 1 hr before sailing. The cat is 690 seychelles rup each, each way approx £45 - £48 I think. Apparently they confirm a booking and then you pay by cash or card and collect ticket upon arrival at Cat ticket office. Their website is down at moment but they respond v. quickly to email which is info@catcocos.com. good luck

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

If it's between May and September and you don't have a strong stomach, then take the flight. It is one of the most magical you will ever take so it hits all the buttons!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,826 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

I just returned last week and transferred by air. Cost 190 USD for return flight and it was a really enjoyable experience. Just takes 15 minutes and they only fly at 2,000 feet, so you get great views all the way. I was slightly concerend about my luggage as the domestic allowance is significantly less than the international one. Excess baggae is meant to be charge at 1 euro per kilo. I was 10 kilos over on checked and they didn't charge me at all. I was also probably double (if not more) the allowed hand allowance and they didn't even weigh it.

They are also incredibly flexible on which flight you go on and the check in to getting on the plane time is so short. I arrived just over an hour early for my flight and they just stuck me on the one that was departing next (in 10 minutes time). Same happened on my return flight.

I'd also add that transferring from the international terminal to the tiny domestic one is just an easy 5 minute walk around the corner.

I also took the ferry from praslin to la Digue and it was pretty rough going - was very glad it was only 15 minutes. I certainly would not have wished to endure an hour of that for the Mahe to Praslin trip.

5. Re: Transfer from Mahe airport to Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island