We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-5 nights with 2 year old. Looking for suggestions

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
4-5 nights with 2 year old. Looking for suggestions

We are open to suggestions! Thinking of taking a 4-5 night trip to the adirondacks and would like to stay in a place that has swimming and other things to do aside from hike up a mountain (since I don't know if our son would make it that far...)

I would like to stay in Lake Placid but am having a hard time finding lodging with a pool/lakeside lodging.

Wilmington, New York
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-5 nights with 2 year old. Looking for suggestions

I live in Wlimington, NY--the home of Whiteface Mt. and 12 miles or so from Lake Placid. We have a public beach, several moderately-priced motels with pools, hiking trails, gondola rides to the top of the mountain, AND Santa's Workshop, probably the first theme park in the US (ca. 1948) and still going strong. Try website: www.whitefaceregion.com

2. Re: 4-5 nights with 2 year old. Looking for suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2010, 05:15