We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good campsite with no quiet hours

New York City, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a good campsite with no quiet hours

Hi all, I've been trying to locate a nice campsite for my group of friends (21-30 yrs old) for Memorial Day Weekend. We are interested in going rafting and/or hiking and enjoying outdoor activities (volleyball, soccer, swimming, etc). Most of my friends are musicians so we would love to play music, sing, and sit by the fire into the night. Some previous campsites we've been to enforced quiet hours at 10 PM, which was a terrible impediment to our fun. We'd love to find a site that doesn't have quiet hours, doesn't enforce them, or simply isn't "family oriented" .

Ideally, something in the area of North River, NY would be best.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good campsite with no quiet hours

Sorry but I never heard of a campground in the Adirondacks with NO quiet hours. Many campers focus on outdoor activities and like to get some sleep before they hit trails, go canoeing or fishing. I suggest you get in touch with some campgrounds located a far away from any residential area and reserve/pay for a whole thing. There is no way every camper regardless of age in any campground will be pleased with your playing music all night long.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good campsite with no quiet hours

Have you ever camped in the Adirondacks before? It will be black fly season.

3. Re: Looking for a good campsite with no quiet hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:19