We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

Hi

we are planning on visiting the adriondacks for 2 nights in july. we have a car so travel is not a problem, however we planning on stopping off there on our way to buffalo (probably have another 2 night stay inbetween adriondacks and buffalo).

We would like somewhere nice to stay but preferably not too many kids around (i know this might be impossible in july though) we are interested in white water rafting, kayaking, cycling and just generally exploring the area.

I have heard mixed reports about lake placid town but have heard that it may be quieter than lake george?

Also not sure if going up to lake placid will add on too much travelling time when we leave there? Would consider going there and putting up with travel if it was worth it though?

Any suggestions welcome!!

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

How about making easier to understand your inquiry and posting your itinerary. If you're not sure about the village of Lake Placid then there are many other interesting places to stay and visit. Any area of the Adirondacks would be great for biking and kayaking so I recommend a place somewhere on the way and not because Lake George and Lake Placid are the most popular destinations. Maybe staying somewhere in the western Adirondacks would be a better choice for your itinerary? There is really more to the Adirondacks than Lake Placid. Regardless of age visitors have different requirements and interests so it is hard to recomend any lodging because of your age and assure you if is worth it or not. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

i put it in this forum becuase my post refers to both areas.

i would consider another area yes

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

This is not clear, what both areas are you considering? Can you add your itinerary? It would be so much easier to give you some suggestions.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

I have looked at the Lake george area, mainly the Bolton Landings area as i have heard it is quieter. Also Indian lake area. We should arrive friday afternon and leave sunday morning.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: young couples 1st time to area - most appropriate place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:40