We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

Ajax, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

Hey guys and gals! We are renting an RV and traveling from Toronto, Ontario. We will be towing a small 14' fishing boat which we plan on launching and fishing from.

What we're looking for is a nice quiet campground for our RV with great scenery and the best fishing possible. We are not a crazy party group but do like to have a few drink around the fire and share some laughs. We're all in our late 20's (6 of us).

We will be leaving on Friday September 14th 2012, and stay in and around the Adirondacks for a week to 10 days. We don't mind staying in one spot provided the fishing/scenery is good. This trip is more to see the beautiful lake(s) and scenery while fishing.

Is there any sites that have a spot on a lake for RV's? Or close enough for a good morning/night view. I know it's a lot to ask but this is the dream I'm having when picturing this vacation.

Thanks very kindly for the help,

dale

Ajax, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

Also Distance isn't an issue (to an extent). And also if there's any place not in the Adirondacks that you think would fit the bill better, then I'm open to those suggestions. I just love forestry and being outdoors so it has to have that element. I'm super excited to be going here. I CAN'T WAIT! And we LOVE fishing :D

Many Thanks,

Dale

Edited: 19 July 2012, 02:03
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

I think that you would enjoy Fish Creek Pond:

http://fishcreekpond.com/

or Roger's Rock:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24493.html

You have a much better chance of getting a site directly on the water at Fish Creek. HTH.

Ajax, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

FCP looks pretty good. I was looking for something larger with more forestry surroundings. The amenities are all at FCP though which is good to know. Rogers Rock might be good also. It's hard to find lots of pictures to get an idea :D.

Thanks for the info jkelly

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

If you look around at the options on reserveamerica.com, please come back and ask for input on the campgrounds here. The state campgrounds are beautiful and there are many that will provide a wonderful experience.

Fish Creek is surprisingly in the middle of the wilderness, and has become very popular due to its' many water-front sites and great fishing and swimming.

Roger's Rock is on Lake George and only has a few water-front sites, the fishing is great, but a 14' boat will be tough in such a large lake. The scenery is stunning there.

Brown Tract Pond is in a very peaceful spot, and has some water-front sites, but I am not sure about the fishing. Smaller setting than Fish Creek. I really think you will be pleasantly surprised by the multitude of camping options in the ADKs! Take a peek on reserveamerica and check back here.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

I should also clarify that a 14' fishing boat is fine on Lake George for early morning fishing. Later in the day with wind and chop, not as advisable. HTH.

6. Re: RV Camping (Secluded, Fishing etc) Please help if you can

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 05:17