We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided family trips

chicago, il
Level Contributor
153 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Guided family trips

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good family guided trips in the Adirondacks in the summer. We're looking to go in august 2013, my kids will be 4.5 and 6.5 years. We're not great campers, and are looking for basically guided tour type things, which have cabins or set up tents and cook for you... We did something similar a while back with voyager quest in algonquin and loved being able to hike with someone who knew what they were doing, and then come back after a day of hiking and canoes to be able to eat well and sleep.

thanks

Natasha

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided family trips

Hopefully someone else can help you with the guided portion.

In the Adirondacks, the ADK has two lodgings that provide food and shelter as you described: the ADK Loj, and John's Brook Lodge

http://www.adk.org/page.php?pname=lodging

FWIW, the White Mountains in New Hampshire have a much better hut system for families, IMHO.

outdoors.org/lodging/whitemountains/index.cfm

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
75 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided family trips

The best Adirondak trip we ever took was when we couldn't find lodging at Lake Placid and I happened upon Blue Mountain Lodge. Amazing little find. Happy trails!

3. Re: Guided family trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:15