We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best Italian food

boston
14 posts
Save Topic
The best Italian food

What restaurant has the best home-style Italian food in Albany?

New York State Museum
History Museums, Natural History Museums, Nature & Wildlife Areas
USS Slater DE-766
History Museums, Ships
England right now
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: The best Italian food

I dont know if this is the correct spelling but check out Lambarno's. They have the best italian food. The Lambarno family has been running this restraunt since my grandparents moved to Albany from Sicily.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The best Italian food

There is a very good Italian resturant in the town of Glenmont, NY called Alteri's. I ate there often when I lived in the Albany area and recently re-discovered it on a couple of day trips to Albany and Saratoga. It is a short drive from Downtown Albany. I think it's on rte 9W. At the south end of I-787, take a right at the traffic light. It is a few miles up on the left across from a Walmart - Lowes plaza!

Herkimer, NY
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: The best Italian food

Clearly it would be Lombardo's. Fabulous regional dishes and excellent service.

Albany, NY
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The best Italian food

I agree Lombardo's is very good. It is on Madison Ave (just south of downtown). I have heard good reports about Sam's restaurant but have not been there myself.

East Greenbush, New...
Level Contributor
123 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best Italian food

The Best Italian Restaurant in The Albany Area in my and many others opinion is the Villa Valenti, in West Sand Lake, on rte 66, about 15 miles East of Albany, actually in Rensselaer County.

Delmar, NY
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
216 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The best Italian food

Also try Cavaleri's on Second Street in Albany. Very old-world with excellent southern Italian food, big portions and modest prices.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The best Italian food

a great restaurant is Ristorante Paradiso...Central Ave. Was used in the film, IRONWEED with Jack Nicholson & Meryl Streep. Great Greens and Beans, Calamari,,,excellent Pizzas. Friday/Saturday night they havce kareoke.(sp) Lots of fun!!

NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The best Italian food

In my opinion, (and I live in Albany and my husband is Sicilian) Bellini's Italian Eatery just outside of Albany (not too far from Cavaleri's) on rt. 85 in Slingerlands as well as Carmine's on Central Ave. are the best Italian eating in Albany. And, yes, the Villa Valenti in West Sand Lake is good depending on whose working that night. And that's a bit off the beaten path from Albany,.

Brunswick, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The best Italian food

Every dinner we've ever had at Cafe Capriccio has been incredible. Great beans & greens, too. It's tucked away in downtown, kind of diagonally behind the Pepsi Arena a few blocks- and close to the Plaza on Grand St. Don't look for spaghetti and meatballs here, however.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The best Italian food

One of the best family-owned Italian restaurants in the Albany area has just closed its' doors after 60 years. Fannie's of latham was one of the best. Unfortunately, many chain restaurants have moved into the area. I can't understand why people would go to the Olive Garden?