We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fake review?

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
159 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fake review?

I stumbled across this review of the Motel 6–Albany titled: “Budget Travelers, Rejoice!”, dated Aug 17, 2005.

I realize this review is 3-years old, but its almost certainly a phony evaluation submitted by the Motel 6 corporate marketing department. My favorite line: “… Its full parking lot suggested that we weren't the only travelers drawn by low prices and fine service…” Followed closely by: “… An excellent website invites readers to explore Motel 6 options across the country, and you can secure good rates online, but reservations are just as easily made by phone (1-800-4MOTEL6)…”

The content and photo captions in this review are hilarious! Who spends this much time and effort waxing poetic about a $50 motel room, especially a rat hole like the Albany Motel 6?

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fake review?

Interesting, most of the reviews for the Motel 6 on wolf road are negative, except for that one post which does sound like their marketing department. No doubt its a dump, but its cheap so expectations need to be inline for a no-frills budget motel. We did have a young consultant stay there for several months about 12 years ago, and he thought it was fine. Different strokes for different folks.

2. Re: Fake review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 03:20