We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

I'm staying at a hotel near the airport and want to check out before heading to the ceremony at Empire Plaza. Do you in know if there are lockers at Empire Plaza or somewhere to store luggage for a couple hours during the ceremony?

USS Slater DE-766
History Museums, Ships
New York State Museum
History Museums, Natural History Museums, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

I would find it hard to believe that there are lockers there in a post 9/11 world.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

Ask the hotel if they can store your bags. Since it is near the airport it won't be too difficult to go there on the way back to the airport.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
431 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

Are you taking a cab from the hotel to the Empire Plaza and thus need a place to park your luggage? If you rent a car instead, you could leave the luggage in the car.

There used to be small lockers when the outdoor ice rink was operational. But the rink hasn't been open due to the budget and the lockers wouldn't be big enough for anything but a large purse.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

Congrats on passing the bar. I'm pretty sure the Plaza does not have lockers. You have to go through security to enter. Depending on the size of your luggage, you could probably take it with you. When I had my swearing in, it wasn't too formal. Also, I've had coworkers carry luggage into the Plaza as long as it fits through the security conveyor belt.

5. Re: New York Bar Swearing-In Ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 08:59