We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting between Rochester & Boston

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting between Rochester & Boston

Albany area is the rough halfway point to meet a friend overnite or two, but where? Saratoga is too crowded & expensive this month. Looking for a quaint or quiet suburb w. good restaurants, b&b or hotel and ability to play a little golf weather permitting. My back up is Willamstown, Ma. but a bit far for me from Rochester.

Any ideas?

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting between Rochester & Boston

How about some of the other Hudson River towns such as Rhinebeck, Kingston or Saugerties?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
616 posts
989 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting between Rochester & Boston

I googled golf courses, Hudson Valley and saw several sites. One, dutchesscountycampgrounds.com described some. So I suggest working backward from there, because there are many many nices bbs but far fewer golf courses.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting between Rochester & Boston

Good ideas. Been to Rhinebeck and I think Hudson Valley even farther than Berkshires for me, but I will start with the golf course idea and move locations based on that. Thank you both.

Slingerlands, New...
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
374 posts
521 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting between Rochester & Boston

If I could suggest that your friend drive a bit further tha you (more than a bit, about 2 hrs.), the Turning Stone in Verona would be a great place. Even if you don't gamble, stay in the lodge. GREAT spa, world class golf, good restaurants. Another idea would be Woodstock. Quiet, golf nearby, good food.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting between Rochester & Boston

Turning Stone is a great idea!

Another place to try is Ballston Spa.

Coming from Rochester, take exit 27 (Amsterdam) and route 67 east.

They have a great little downtown with restaurants and it doesn't get so mobbed.

The State Park has great golfing!

6. Re: Meeting between Rochester & Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 00:17