We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Liquor store?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best Liquor store?

I'll be in Albany next month and I'm hoping to buy some flavored vodkas we don't have in Quebec (or that are double or triple the price here). I'm mostly looking for Pinnacle (Key lime!) or UV vodka... Where would be the best liquor store to purchase those in Albany? It We'll be staying t he Cresthill suites for a night so anywhere close would be better but can also be a short drive as we'll have the car (driving from MTL to Albany).

Thanks! :)

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Liquor store?

There is no liquor store within easy walking distance of the Crest Hill Suites. My favorite large liquor store is Empire Wine, in the Northway Plaza, which is just a couple of miles from where you are staying. They have a website (www.empirewine.com) so you can see what they might have in the store. Another couple that will be not too far off the highway from Albany (and on the way back up to MTL) are All Star Wine and Liquor in Latham (www.allstarwine.com) and Exit 9 Wine and Liquor (www.exit9wineandliquor.com). Exit 9 is the farthest away in Clifton Park. There are lots of other smaller liquor stores, but these three will probably have the best selection and will be the easiest for you to find.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 15:44
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Liquor store?

Thanks so much! I will write those down. Driving isn't an issue especially if they have a greater selection :)

Slingerlands, New...
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
376 posts
521 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Liquor store?

Jennys nailed it!

Everybody has their favorite, but they are at the top of the list. For service, I really like All Star. Call them. The will get it if they don't have it.

A votre sante!

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Liquor store?

Jenny did nail it.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Liquor store?

Way to go, Jenny! Bottoms up!

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Liquor store?

Wow! I never knew my wine habit would win me such acclaim!

7. Re: Best Liquor store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:21