We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hassle Free Jeju

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Hassle Free Jeju

I just came back from Korea and I have to say the decision to fly to Jeju Island was certainly a good one!

Anyway, I was searching to forums, trying to find if anyone had toured the area with an english speaking taxi-guide. There was no information so I resorted to asking a family friend for help and the tour guide we got in the end was really good and the tour couldn't be any better.

It is wise to travel Jeju (if you're there on the first time) with a taxi-guide, especially if you don't speak korean. We engaged the services of Sunny, a local who speaks fantastic english, and embarked on our 2 day tour. The three in my group were driven around the island and took as long as we needed at each stop, and we expressed our interests in local delicacies and our meal stops were planned strategically at all the best eateries around the island. I believe we covered all the major sites, and all that could have been done in 2 days had been done.

Anyway, I understand that only a few local guides speak English in Jeju, so I took the liberty of getting Sunny's contact details. If I'm not mistaken she charges 250,000 won per day and she drives. You can reach her at 010-2968-6821 or hsunnyjeju@paran.com

singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

thanks for sharing this information.

Thinking of going to Jeju for 3 days 2 nights. Can i just check that the 250,000 won is per day and not per pax? Also what time do you generally starts and ends?

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

Hi Jackehyr,

It's always good to read any trip report :).

You must be kidding, 250,000won per day ? I'd considered you've been overcharged. Just wondered is the cost also includes the meal ?

We used taxi tour to travel Jeju for 2 days, the driver speak English and he charged 80,000won per whole day (not includes admission and meal). He was really nice guy too, very friendly :) It was recommended by Lotte Jeju Hotel's concierge guys coz we stayed there. I agree with you, travelling with your own driver really great.

Many Korean don't speak English, but they are friendly and most of them always tried to help you. My tip : carry a phrase book, it'll help you alot. :)

singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

reclat, thanks, i was working it out and 250,000 Won was really high. SO my friends and I will be doing one day of the Yeha tours and 1-1/2 days we will be going around the island either by public bus or by taxi. We will see how it is when we reach there.

Singapore
Level Contributor
168 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

Hi Reclat,

Do you happen to have the taxi driver's contact?

We are a family of 6 going to Jeju in Nov. Do you know whether there are 7 seater taxi in Jeju, like a MPV? It would be good for us all to be in 1 vehicle.

Thanks for any advice.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

Hi Dominoking,

Luckily I still keep the contact details of the taxi driver. I thought i forgot to ask one coz using too many taxi drivers :)) But this is a normal taxi not MPV type. Last time 5 of us can fit into the car. Looking back, i also dunno how we can fit into the car :) But here is the detail of the taxi driver :

Young Ho Lee

(Hyundae Billat 201 #1039-2 Nohyung-Dong Jeju Korea

Home (064) 746-1787

mobile 011-698-1787

You can also hire taxi with MPV type, ask your hotel concierge for one.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

Hi Kahlan,

You can join Jeju Trolley Bus with your friends. This tour is the only one recommended by Korean Tourism.

www.tbus.co.kr

When visiting Jeju, don't forget to try out the tangerines. The Jeju tangerine is a famous Jeju export item.

Unfortunately you didn't mention what month you'll visit Jeju. If you are visiting during period of October - December, you can join the tangerine picking experience farm. I noticed you're Singaporean, many of my S'porean friend and me too like to watch Korean Drama series. If you watch the Korean drama My Girl, this tour might interest you. :)

Btw have a nice trip !!

singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

reclat, i'm going there in October (3rd week) think. Thanks for giving the taxi driver details perhaps will contact him and ask for rates. For the tangerine, must we follow the trolley bus tour to experience that? Can we do that on our own, do you know?

My friend went to book for us the 1 day East Course Yeha tour already.

Yup we do watch korean shows here in Singapore and I had watched that show My Girl where the tangerine plantation is.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

Hi Kahlan,

You do not need to join trolley bus tour to do the tangerine picking.

For inquiry :

Agricultural Technology Centre Namjeju County ph. 730-1449

Museum of Seogwipo Tangerine ph. 710-6611

If i'm not wrong the tangerine picking can be done in the Jeju Agricultural Ecological Park and go by weight.

singapore
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

hi reclat, ok thanks will try to contact them and see what can be done.

Singapore
Level Contributor
168 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hassle Free Jeju

Hi Reclat,

You are such a gem! Good contacts and details on taxi driver and tangerine picking. Appreciate you posting them.

Perhaps you can advise:

1) How did you buy air tickets from Gimpo to Jeju?

How much would return fare cost?

I'm thinking of using budget airline such as Jeju

Air. Understand that discount fares are available

only online but the sites are all in Korean!

2) Can we cover most of the tourist spots in 2 days

using a taxi guide?How many hours do we have with the guide for a 1 day tour? I am visiting in Nov and staying for 2 nites. This means likely one and a half day for touring. If this is not enough, I may have to stay 3 nites. Only thing is that I find the hotels in Jeju pretty expensive.

3) Did you manage to see the lady divers in action?

Thanks in advance