We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Incheon in a day...

Toronto
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to do in Incheon in a day...

I getting a connecting flight in Incheon arriving around 5am and my connecting flight is at 8pm.. is there any place good to visit rather wait in the airport... Retaurant to try.. I love seafoods....

any help will be appreciated...

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

Since you have good part of day available, I would go to Seoul and hit the palace, shopping district of Myeong-dong or Insa-dong...

You can also take transit tours that starts from Incheon airport; …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_5_1.jsp,

San Francisco, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

If you take a bus from the Incheon Airport to the Incheon Train station you will be within walking distance of a number of attractions. The Incheon Chinatown is right up the hill. The Korean - Chinese Cultural center is a five minute walk south of the train station. Beyond that is the Incheon Art platform, which hosts art exhibits from around the world. It is across form the Harbor Park Hotel. The MacArthur memorial, also up the hill, which celebrates the landing of the UN forces during the Korean war. Down the street is an area that used to be populated by Japanese immigrants. This neighborhood has many historic buildings. Also, on a main street in the former Japanese area are a number of restaurants that cater to foreign visitors. The best one is Fog City International Cafe. They have a varied menu, offer imported wine from California and they speak english, because they are from California. If nothing else they can give you advise about the surrounding area.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

Check this link for layover tour to Seoul.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294197-i8161-k293…

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

When will you be in Korea? The Global Fair is running from now until October in Incheon: http://english.incheonfair.org/

I'm going to take a look round at the weekend and can let you know if its worth a day trip.

Singapore
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

Hi debb

Did you go to the Global Fair ? Is is worth a day trip?

Toronto
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

I'll be there Dec..

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

Although the name is 'Incheon' Airport, there isn't that much difference in terms of transportation/time between Incheon City proper and Seoul if you choose to leave the airport. 30 more minutes one-way, give or take.

Sacramento...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

We agree! Fog City International Cafe is a real gem. Good food and great hosts! Give it a try!

9. Re: What to do in Incheon in a day...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Incheon