We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out in Bentota

Winchester...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out in Bentota

We are planning an early April 2007 visit and staying at the Taj Exotica--B&B only. When on holiday, we prefer to dine out rather than spending all the time at the hotel. We would greatly appreciate some restaurant suggestions in the area. Thanks.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out in Bentota

Hi there.....

Pleant of local restauraunts in and around Bentota area, also just over bridge in Aluthgama too, tuk tuk needed for this place tho, a little to far to walk for me!!, well i am lazy on holidays right? .

One to maybe recommend would be the Aida restuaraunt just by Bentota bridge, good food, if maybe not cheap by Sri Lankan standards

I know that Rod recommends the Wunderbar just down the road from Taj too, and i know others that have had good evenings there.

Also of course, check out the other hotels in the Bentota "strip"

Regards

Dave

West Sussex, England
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out in Bentota

We've returned from SL a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Taj Exotica for our 2nd week. We also enjoyed the company of the Aida complex, in fact the manager became our new best friend...! The view over the river is exquisite, the food is fairly average to be honest, but the welcome was outstanding and a courtesy mini bus each time we visited either for lunch or evening dinner - mind you we did spend a little in both the 'silk shop' and the 'gem shop'. However, not to be cynical the clothes we had made are of very good quality and in our opinion good value for money!

We also had some 'special' meals at the Taj, which although not cheap, the hotel staff really pulled out all the sops to make our evenings special. We just didn't go for the 'buffet' evening meals....

Have a wondrful time - look out for the chipmonks on your balcony - mongoose stolling the bordrs - land monitor lizards slowly ambling pass- and that's just around the pool area......!

UK
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out in Bentota

In Aluthgama try the bakery at the north end of town

You go past it on the left on the way to the biggest Buddha in Asia apparently and newest I think

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out in Bentota

Hi,

There are enough of restaurants as dave mentioned. Not fair to mention just one name. You could try enough of places during your stay.

Nishantha

5. Re: Eating out in Bentota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Bentota