We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taj exotica for feb 08

bedford
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
taj exotica for feb 08

has anyone been here recently? I've seen some very disappointing reviews and am wondering whether to change hotel. does anyone know how the Serendip refurbishment is coming on?will it be ready for feb?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,701 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

Hi there,

Our review is from last March and VERY positive. Don't understand the moaning ones except that they might be applying UK standards to a Lankan hotel which is utter nonsense...

Dunno about Serendib (which is and was 3-star, not like Taj) but maybe Nishanta or Treshi?

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

Hi Choosy

I did read a report a little while ago that Serendip had in fact been closed down due to lack of visitors, and not in fact being refurbished, don't know if this is true to be honest.

Regards

Dave

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

Hi,

Well i don't know whether what is the disappointment you have with Taj Exotica becuase i don't see any problem with Taj Exotica.Infact i stayed there in June didn't see any problem there other than the less occupancy.Even though there are less tourists they were contiued their cultural shows etc. in the night.Also the food were very good & has not gone down the quality.may be if you could express your concern i could clarify with them.

Sorry no personal experience in Serendib hotel.

Nishantha

4. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2008, 18:44
darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

Hi, I stayed at the taj and everything was perfect, but maybe for the older couple rather than the younger couple. we were ok because we discovered the wunderbar about 200m up the beach. we partied there with excellent food every evening. daggi who works there took us fishing, jet skiing, elephant rides temple trips everything we needed he accomodated and not expensive either. the taxi driver was very careful and took great care. i have been back 3 times now and i stay at the wunderbar hotel. more personal care given beautiful rooms as nice and bigger than some in the taj. i'm hoping to get back there in jan or feb. can't wait. wherever you stay you will have a great time check the wunderbar web site. www.hotel-wunderbar.com even if you stay were you are walk along the beach tell daggi i sent you. he will really look after you and you can trust him.. lots of beach boys offer assistance so beware.

Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

We have just returned from the Taj Exotica yesterday (08/10/07) and found the hotel very nice, in some places its a `little tired looking` ie the barrier down at the pool needs replaced at places... there is an odd tile needs replaced ... the parasols could do with new canvas but it really is small things (they were giving the paint work another coat when we were there) but a hotel this size will need constant attention all the time I guess. There is not a great deal outside the hotel unless you travel but I do recommend eating at `The Waterside` `Susantha`s` and `Ayesha`. Hope this helps a little.

7. Re: taj exotica for feb 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations