We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing money, taj exotica

worcestershire
Level Contributor
73 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
changing money, taj exotica

I am staying at the Taj Exotica hotel in Bentota can anyone whos stayed there tell me if there are facilities to change currency at the hotel.

colombo
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: changing money, taj exotica

hi

hotel rates are not attractive but many banks closer to the hotel

thanks

amahl

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing money, taj exotica

Hi,

Obviously this is a lovely hotel in the southern coast. I think you sould be able to exchange your currency from the hotel cashiers.

Nishantha

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
58,738 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changing money, taj exotica

Hi there,

Lovely hotel but like all hotels not cheap for changing. Bentota town has a few banks but without Western ATM; 1 km to the north Aluthgama offers best choices in banks and also ATMs.

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing money, taj exotica

We just returned yesterday from the Taj Exotica and the exchange rates are very good in the hotel - only 1 or 2 Rupee per £ less than the banks. There is a Bank of Ceylon just outside the hotel next to the railway station and another bank in Alutgama which is only a 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride away.

darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changing money, taj exotica

A word of advise, the first lot of money i got changed at the taj, i was short changed and didn't get a receipt. I did after that. however, lesson learn't and i now go into town over the bridge and that is a better exchange anyway.

Chennai
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: changing money, taj exotica

there are absolutely NO problems as long as you have dollars(us or Australian),Euros or British pounds but you will lose 2-5 sri lankan rupees per pound on commission if you do it directly at the hotel.....there are however facilities for foreign travelers at government owned banks such as Bank of Ceylon or people's bank where they do it free of charge ask you tour guide...

7. Re: changing money, taj exotica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 05:22