We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best place in Colombo to spend New Years Eve?

Which Bentota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw
2 posts
Save Topic
What is the best place in Colombo to spend New Years Eve?

Hello everybody,

We will go to Sri Lanka on 27.12 touring a little around the island until 3.01. Later we will rest at the cost. Anywya - in the meantime we will stay at 31.12 for one night near to Colombo.

Anybody knows about any good new years party or new years eve dinner in Colombo?

Simple boring diinner in big hotel is not what we are looking for. Please try to help us where we can find some trendy party full of nice people (more less young +/- 30-40 would be perfect).

By the way what is betrer (and why) to go to Minneriya National Park or to Kaudulla National Park?

All the best and thank you in advance for your help

Chedi

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best place in Colombo to spend New Years Eve?

Hi Chedi,

All most all the hotels including small organize New year parties on different themes.I am sorry that i am not in a position to recommend a party to suit your preference. But i will comment on Minneriya & Kaudulla parks.If you are a wildlife enthusiast its a best place to observe biggest herds of wild elephants.Basically July-August months are considered the best months to visit this park.Also there are some other animals & also some bird watching is also can be done at both parks.

Nishantha

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best place in Colombo to spend New Years Eve?

Regarding NYE, I always partied at the Colombo Swimming Club when I lived in Colombo. Their NYE parties were a lot more laid back and fun than anything offered at the major hotels. However, this was 20 years ago.....

Check them out: colomboswimmingclub.org

3. Re: What is the best place in Colombo to spend New Years Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 15:19