We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone advise please

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone advise please

Hi and thank you for taking the time to read this,

I and my girl friend want to traval to Bentota I'm 26 shes 14 and .... joking shes 24 and i really would like to know a few questions any help would be great thank you.

1. Is there a town there if so whats it like and called.

2. What are the surrounding eaterys like I do enjoy trying many diffrent foods when away?

3. Is there good night life like bars clubs ect?

4. Would any of you recormend any other places in Sri Lanka that would fit the bill of the above questions.

Thank you very Much

Regards

Steven Woodley

clubmedvillas.co.uk

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,500 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone advise please

Hi Steven,

1) Bentota is THE name of the town. And it's 1 km south of the medium-sized city of Aluthgama which you can spot more easily on a map.

2) Reasonable for Lankan standards. At least 5-10 at walking distance from most hotels on the 'Strip' (Galle Road and parallel hotel road).

3) There are some bars too, not really much in terms of clubbing. Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna are a bit better for that but none in Lanka is upto the level of e.g. Spanish costas or Phuket.

4) Mentioned: Hikkaduwa, U'tuna and even Negombo. However Negombo no good beach, others are better in that. And even Mirissa though that is furthest from airport.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone advise please

Hi Steven,

Erik clears almost all the queries and nothing much to add but if you is so keen on nightlife Colombo is the best. In Bentota, I think AIDA restaurant should have some Karaoke etc.

Nishantha

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
182 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone advise please

Hi Steve

My advice to you is check out Wunderbar in Bentota. Fantastic Seafood, great atmosphere there. Chan the owner and his team are really lovely. The boys tend to play the bongo's in the evening it is really is a great place well worth a visit that will have you returning for more.

darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone advise please

Hi Steve,

i'm never away from the place i just love it. having a house built there my son wants a skate park bowl instead of a pool. tooo hot.. bit of a culture shock but the people at the wunderbar are rad. They make you more than welcome and the hotel is amazing the food is great and the parties the local tipple the turtle project the trips and the volly ball and really the chill out. well check that place for yourself. look at there web site. although they have been closed to rebuild the restaurant but open again in 9 days. anthea

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone advise please

Thank you fo your responce everyone it is a MASSIVE help, i'm looking forward to my experience in Sri Lanke. ROLL ON!!!

6. Re: Can anyone advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations