We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Alone

Which Bentota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling Alone

Hello, Due to unforseen circumstances,I will now be visiting/staying on my own in Bentota from the 14th August--- 25thAug for 2weeks....Can you advise if this is safe to do so? And is there any areas, during the day that I should avoid?

If there is anyone reading this who is visiting during that time who would also like some company to team up for trips etc, i would love to hear from you.

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Alone

Hi,

Travelling alone in Sri Lanka is as safe as anywhere else. Probably safer than most places.

Obviously you use a little common sense like not wandering around in dark areas alone , all the normal precautions that you'd take at home.

When my wife and I vist, quite often she'll want to go somewhere different to me or I just leave her and walk off on my own, leaving her to her own devises and we've never had any problem yet and don't anticipate any.

Rod.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Alone

Hi,

Yes its safe with your common sense. Specially when you organizing tours better to select some reputed companies to be on the safe side.

Nishantha

Kent
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Alone

Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

kandy
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Alone

travelling alone no problem in sri lanka.actually many lonely planet fans can be seen here.on the plus side hawkers are less interested in individuals ,they prefer groups. locals are great they'd help if ever you need.

5. Re: Travelling Alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 06:31