We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bentota Beach Hotel

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Bentota Beach Hotel

Hi,

Please could anyone tell me if there is a dress code for dinner at Bentota Beach hotel?

Thanks

Negombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bentota Beach Hotel

Hi,

Seems DE‘s not much interest about your question, we are here to help you,,

Only Top not allow sleeveless

No matter other parts of the body.( Lol )

Good luck

Nikama

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bentota Beach Hotel

Hi there.....

"Seems DE‘s not much interest about your question, we are here to help you,,"

Not a fair comment i think, maybe DE's do not stay at this hotel, so therefore not right to comment either way??

Most hotels in Sri Lanka 3 star and above have what they call a "Smart Casual" dress code for thier restaurants for evening dinner, this could include "Long Attire" for men, meaning no shorts, but these days a little more accomodating in this respect, and some do indeed allow tailored shorts, BUT not swimwear type stuff, and most certainly not sleeveless tops...

When i stayed at BBH some years ago, shorts were not allowed, but things could have changed.

Regards

Dave

Edited: 07 September 2011, 15:22
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bentota Beach Hotel

Nikama,

Why are you constantly attacking DEs in your posts?

May I suggest that you read a little about what DEs are and esp. what they aren't.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/community#c1

Hans

Negombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bentota Beach Hotel

Why are you constantly attacking DEs in your posts?

Hans,

I know DEs doing Grate job.

By the same time they promoting as I said the big companies with their names. And they hide the names of privet drivers who are known to DEs. But through PM you can get those names. Why you not publish those names on your posts? $

I know ones you ask from E&S not to promote TG tours for some reasons

(I know why) but still keep on promoting them.

But any bad comments against the privet driver then constantly condemning them..

You must use your keyboard equal for all.

Thanks.

Nikama

somerset uk
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bentota Beach Hotel

Back to the question....Yes there is a dress code but not everyone sticks to it unfortunately - plenty of gaudy shorts, low cut sleeveless tops, flip flops etc. Am I showing my age????!!!!

Just back from 10 days staying there.

Richard

6. Re: Bentota Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations