We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
94 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Hi,

We will be arriving the colombo airport from Singapore very early in the morning (~2am) and was wondering if i need to book a taxi in advance or can i get a cab easily at the airport and how much would the usual rate be?

We will be staying in Bentota beach and was quoted USD125 for one way from the Colombo airport to Bentota, i thought it's on the steep side, can anyone advise how much do i expect to pay?

Thanks,

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,589 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Hi there,

Can get easily. Rs 7,500-8,000 should do and indeed that quote you got is over the top. This time of the day no need at all to add the Expressway, for daytime 'it would depend' (generally the break-even point of that is airport-Hikkaduwa and not a closerby destination.)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Moragalla, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

you can get a taxi 75 USD from CMB airport to Bentota,

Reading
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

How long do you think it takes from the airport to Bentota?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Depends on the time of the day, but roughly 3 hours. I did the opposite direction 2 weeks ago mid afternoon in 2.5 hours.

Hans

5. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2012, 12:10
Channel Islands
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Could you tell me if the trains are running from Colombo to Bentota and Bentota to Galle at the moment ?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Trains are running from Colombo to Kalutara South. Kalutara South to Aluthgama is closed until at least April 1. Aluthgama to Galle was rumoured to open from today, but not yet confirmed.

Hans

Channel Islands
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Thanks for the quick response.

We arrive in Colombo at 8am are we best just to get a taxi through the rush hour to Bentota or get trains to Kalutara South then tuk tuk?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,589 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Taxi. As written above, the trains run Colombo Fort - K'tara only. No trains from airport, so you'd need taxi for the first leg anyhow.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Channel Islands
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from colombo airport to bentota

Thanks, thought that would be the case. Hopefully the train will be running from Bentota to Galle by March 25th when we go down to watch the cricket.

I suppose the trains will still be out of action on March 31st when we want to get back to Colombo from Galle. If anyone gets any info on the re-opening of the track could you let us know. Thanks in advance

Get answers to your questions about Bentota