We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to travel

Harlaxton
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
When to travel

I want to take my family on a tour to hill country and surrounding area followed by a week at Bentota. I know December to March/April is ideal but difficult because of uni. and exams for my children. Is August ok or too dodgy for swimming at bentota and travelling around?

Dim Tours Sri Lanka
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Tharanka Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours
NDK Travels
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to travel

HI there...

Weather wise in Bentota August is ok, plenty of hot sunny stuff, with small chance of light showers in later afternoon/evening times..

However, sea swimming then will not be any good due to rough seas and dangerous currents..

Regards

Dave

Harlaxton
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When to travel

Thought so. Thanks for your quick response. I guess I'll have to work through my son's Uni. and daughters exams. I have been wanting to go back for so many years since I was born in Colombo and came to England in '72. My family has history in sri lanka since my father was in tea trade we went to all beaches, hill country etc. Bentota was my favourite. Anyway thanks for your response.

3. Re: When to travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations