We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help need regarding hotel

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
845 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Help need regarding hotel

Hi there, hope someone can help me. My son is best man to his friends wedding which is due to take place next February 2014. The problem is the bride and groom are staying at the Taj Bentota hotel and although it looks beautiful it is too expensive for my son and his girlfriend to justify a week away at. Has anybody got any suggestions on hotels that are near enough to this hotel so that my son and his girlfriend could get to the Taj Bentota easiily . NEver been to Sri Lanka before so it is a complete new destination for me to looko at - no ideas on resorts, hotels or anything. Just need some help for him really. To give you an idea on cost - Taj Bentota with Thomson for a 7 night stay with flights from LHR is coming out at £1,450 per person B&B. They dont want to spend that much - they are looking at hopefully around £900 per person with A/I.

Any suggestions would be so much appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help need regarding hotel

try punchi villa-bentota.it was $ 90 hbd lasl Dec.

North East England...
Level Contributor
14 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help need regarding hotel

Hi. Just stayed at the Taj and there are about 4 other hotels along the strip which are not as high grade. These are Avani, Bentota Beach, The surf. There are also some guesthouses nearby, the Surantha is a few minutes walk away, if you look at restaurants on trip advisor and villas they will be listed.

13. Re: Help need regarding hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations