We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at the moment

ayr
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather at the moment

Hi what is the weather like just now ,I keep checking websites and they say it thunderstorms everyday ?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at the moment

There are afternoon/evening showers most days. This site is usually pretty accurate.

weather-forecast.com/locations/…latest

Hans

ayr
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at the moment

Hi how long do they last ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,113 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at the moment

Generally brief, maybe 30 mins. BUT once they start, often around 3-4 PM, it won't stay dry and sunny for longer periods anymore; intermittent thundershowers until later in the evening.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at the moment

it rains west coast and mountain but not in trinco pasikudha and some areas as well like yala, ella, polonnaruwa may be.it dose not rain in hall sri lanka anyway.

good luck.

ayr
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather at the moment

I'm back now only rained for 1 hour 1 day only thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather at the moment

Looking into going down South next week towards Dikwella. The forecasts look like every other forecast I ever see when going to South East Asia... rain, clouds. Yet every time we go the weather is fine, except for maybe some showers here and there. Any reason to be concerned of trying to enjoy a nice beach resort this time of year?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,113 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather at the moment

No concern for sun, solely concern for the sea - it'll be quite rough there, hence no swim (only bathing waistdeep).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather at the moment

hi Catherine, we just spent a few days in Bentota the weather was lovely until about 3pm each day then it would rain for around and hour and remain quite cloudy but very humid and hot for the rest of the day. But after being in the sun 10-3 each day it was welcomed! Further south Unawatuna was more reliable for sunshine if you could extend your trip there :)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather at the moment

Thanks for your reply! We don't mind if we cant get in the ocean as we are planning to book a pool villa at the Underneath The Mango Tree Resort! We spent 3 days in Nha Trang, Vietnam last month and maybe were in the ocean a grand total of 5 minutes. The pool Villa's really are the show stopper! Now on to finding more things to do and see in that part of the country as this is proving to be another last minute trip! Any suggestions? I know my wife seems very interested in checking out the Tea plantations and waterfalls... looks like that is easily a 3 hour drive. Maybe on the way back to Colombo stay a night? Thanks for any input and sorry for the thread hijack!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather at the moment

Average speeds in Sri Lanka are approx. 30-40 km/h.

Hans

Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations