We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bentota - Taj Vivanta - November 2014

lancashire
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bentota - Taj Vivanta - November 2014

Please could you sri lanka experts answer a few questions. me and my husband and another couple are travelling out on 7th November 2014 for 2 weeks staying at the Taj. I have concerns that the weather is going to be poor despite reassurance from my sri lankan friends who tells me not to worry i will still get a tan!

My questions are:

1. Is it likely to be hot and sunny (with little/minimal rain) in November

2. Are there plenty of restaurants and bars to go to out of the hotel

3. What are the average prices for food/beer/vodka in a restuarant/bar outside the hotel

4. Are trips easy to book whilst in Bentota - Can anyone recommned a reputable compnay thats not dodgy.

Many thanks in advance of your answers

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bentota - Taj Vivanta - November 2014

You may experience 3 types of days:

- Fully clouded with the odd shower, light or heavy

- 3-4 hours sunshine after 8 am and clouds building up in the afternoon with hefty thundershowers late afternoon, evening and night

- sun-clouds-rain-sun again and so on with the sunny spells lasting at least an hour and minimum 4 hours per day.

There are plenty of restaurants/bars in Bentota.

Hans

Tyne and Wear...
Level Contributor
657 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bentota - Taj Vivanta - November 2014

Have a look on T A for reviews of the hotel,there is one review from the uk which highly recommends a driver contact the T A member and ask questions

Bentota, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bentota - Taj Vivanta - November 2014

Hi There,

Yes, There are plenty of restaurants/bars near by Taj,

Meals cost, depend where you dine in but average cost approximately LKR 2,000 for dinner and LKR 1,200-1,500 for lunch, but meals in Taj itself is quite expensive.

Regards

4. Re: Bentota - Taj Vivanta - November 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bentota
Recent Conversations