We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galle accomodation

Brighouse, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Galle accomodation

Hi

I am wanting a reasonably priced hotel/ guesthouse (not over £100)this December when the cricket is on. Can any one help?

Also could you tell me what the weather will be like during the day and at night.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,118 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galle accomodation

Hi there,

Weather: probably quite good!

For this price you can get VERY luxury hotels, like Lighthouse. More reasonable and better value for money are e.g. Lady Hill and Closenberg, both near town. 5 km from town, but contrary to all others with a nice beach, is Unawatuna. U. Beach Resort is a good place there, but also tons of decent guesthouses.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galle accomodation

Hi,

If you are looking for luxury htels Light House,Amanwella,The Fortress are good hotels. If you are looking for some middle class hotels i would say the best option is Unawatuna beach resort.But enough of guest houses also around.

Nishantha

Brighouse, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galle accomodation

Hi

Thanks for you replies but I have tried the Lady Hill and the Closenberg booth are full.

The other hotel are coming in at well over £160 each. So if you have some names of guest houses that would be great, I was wanting a place in Galle as we are staying up the coast already.

Will the weather be cold at night?, we are staying for 3 weeks and are touring around.

Thanks

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galle accomodation

Hi,

Its not cold in the night at Galle. So why not try The Fortress or Amanwella. If not try Unawatuna Beach resort.

Nishantha

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galle accomodation

Go to the Red Dot website as they have good descriptions of the accommodation available (all over SL), try

reddottours.com/Accommodation/…GalleCoast.php

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galle accomodation

I am staying at thambapani retreat its built into a rock look it up at boutiquesrilanka

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Galle accomodation

I booked my trip through Red Dot Tours. They have been more than helpful. It is definately worth having a look at them.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galle accomodation

I too am booking through Red Dot Tours as they comapny was founded by a British cricket journalist from the Guardian so they can tell you how far each hotel is from the ground. They have been very helpful in sorting oout a choice of hotels.

colombo
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Galle accomodation

hi

there will be three test matches played in the month of december

are you planning to watch all three matches

1st -5 th december in kandy 9 th -13 th in colombo and 18 th to 22 nd in galle

at the moment most of the hotels are booked and blocked by the big tour operators i think you could get a room in all locations but i am not quiet sure about galle as all the hotels upto hikkaduwa is fully booked at the moment

also check whether you can get a flight to colombo

thanks-amahl

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Galle accomodation

Im staying in hikkaduwa for the Galle Test.

Get answers to your questions about Galle