We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fortress

US
8 posts
Save Topic
Fortress

HI

Any idea about the rates of the hotel Fortress-Koggala,SriLanka per night?

Is the hotel worthwhile for those high prices?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fortress

HI,

There are good rates available for the Fortress. Is it possible to give me more detail of when you would like to travel and how many persons would be staying?

I have personally been to the Fortress and really did like it. The rooms are spacious and modern with open plan bathrooms, king sized beds. It has entertainment systems with plasma screens, BOSE dvd players and surround sound. Its luxurious and that is what you pay for.

Regards,

Louisa

Edited: 11 July 2010, 03:31
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,467 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fortress

Hmmmm... the best rate I found recently was about USD 250 for a double BB. And that's in the same range of Adithiya or Saman Villas or Amanwela hotels, about twice that of 'standard 4-5 star' hotels like Taj Exotica or Lighthouse or Heritance Ahungalla.

Worth it in terms of being twice as good? Most likely not. Worth it in terms of being more exclusive and hence quiet? For some people. It's a bit like the first and second class in trains or business class in planes...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Copenhagen
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fortress

Hi Dineei

I have not stayed at the Fortress hotel but the below link may help you with the rates. All i know is its a quite a luxury hotel.

www.paragonholidays.com/ph/index.php…

Best of luck

Ketja

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fortress

Erik, where did you found the rate of 250 USD??? In January 2011 is 500 USD for a Fortress Room...

Colchester
Level Contributor
898 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fortress

Nowhere in SL is worth US $500 per night, especially when you realise that such places only pay their staff less than US $200 per month.

David.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,467 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fortress

For October, low season.

Generally Fortress has high block rates for people booking for a few nights through any local operator. The real bargain rates are for people booking for at least one week through some foreign tour operators, apparently they get good prices because they prebook blocks of rooms. Have seen UK offers for last summer for as low as 100 pound/room BB basis, but for one week minimum...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

7. Re: Fortress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Galle