We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Galle in August

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Galle in August

Having been told that August is one of the drier months in Galle, I am now getting mixed messages: one website suggested hot, dry weather, another that black clouds and wall-to-wall rain would be more likely.

We are visiting for two weeks starting 2nd week August.

Any advice [eg things to take/buy] regarding the weather would be most helpful.

Paul

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather in Galle in August

Thanks for that Erik.

However, I think a seven hour transfer time added to the flights etc is too much for me, so the east coast, lovely as it sounds, is not an option.

I don't mind the evening rainfall, but it would be nice to swim in the sea. When we went before, it was too rough.

12. Re: Weather in Galle in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Galle