We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash withdrawal and restaurants in Galle

Which Galle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cash withdrawal and restaurants in Galle

HI, I will be visiting Galle as part of a trip to Sri Lanka over the Xmas period 2010 and just wondered how easy it will be for me to withdraw cash in Galle. I would also love to have any recommendations for nice restaurants in Xmas Day. Thanks for your help!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,638 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash withdrawal and restaurants in Galle

Hi there,

Cash: no problem. Both Sampath and HNB are between the bus station and Sea Street and do handle Maestro/Cirrus cards.

Nice restaurants in Fort (generally the most choice in tourist restaurants): Mama's (small & cosy, lovely rooftop terrace) and Rampart Hotel (large, sea-facing, sometimes big groups). Both for normal budgets; if you REALLY have a lot to spend (Western prices) and want the best possible do consider restaurants of upmarket boutique places like Amangalla hotel or the very-mixed-experiences Galle Fort hotel.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Beruwala,sri lanka
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash withdrawal and restaurants in Galle

Hi ya.

where are you going to be in Galle.there will lots ATM mashine in city.also if you are coming through Koggala.where you can find the all Banks by Free trade ZONE..

there will Ranport RESATURNT inside of port.

Thank lot

SYD

3. Re: Cash withdrawal and restaurants in Galle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Galle