We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Wall, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Currency

Can any one advise me on the best say to take spending money.

I was advised to take dollars & change when I arrived but was then told to use a cash point machine at the airport & in Galle.

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

Hi there....

Presumably a travel agent or bank has told you to take Dollars??, well as usual they are wrong, as you are from the UK, simply take Pounds, either cash or travellers cheques.., both are exchangeable at any bank in Sri Lanka, and at any one of several banking desks at the airport..

They are however right about being able to use ATMs at the airport or in Galle..., although you should advise your bank that you will be doing so in Sri Lanka..

Regards

Dave

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

Hi Deb,

your from UK i take it, take Sterling Cash or t cheques. Personallyi use T Cheques, Cant be ript off that way although bank cards are safe. My personal opinion is that if away from local places be as safe as you can, that includes holidays. Travellers Cheques are the safest and have been proved the same.

Jim

3. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Galle