We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Which Negombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virgnia
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

I am travelling to SL in Feb. and would like to find a reasonably priced beachfront hotel w/pool, clean beach,internet access, and a good bar !

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Bill

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Most hotels down the 'strip' in Negombo have nice pools, bar, internet access and are beach front. You will also find 2 star to 5 star. Jetwing alone has 3 properties ranging from 2 to 5. Higher end - Jetwing Beach, lower end Jetwing Seashells - then you also have Goldi Sands, Browns Beach etc. I saw a special recently where Jetwing Seashells was going for $20.00 (most probably single per night). Go to www.srilanka.com to get some last minute deals.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
29 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

I'm in Negombo next month...i've booked at Brown's Beach Hotel...their beach rooms..i've heard its good and has all the facilities that you menetioned you required..

You can check back with me once i'm back..will be able to give you first hand experience then :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
824 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Hello Bill,

We stayed at Browns Beach in September, we had upgraded to a Beach room which we were happy with, we went with two other couples both who had booked standard rooms, one couple were content to stay in the standard room, the other couple upgraded on arrival as the Beach rooms were they felt far superior so it's very much down to the individual.

The pool is okay, the beach is clean, the bar can be quiet or lively depending on the people drinking we had some quite lively nights! there is internet access, you buy cards with a different price depending on which package you go for, they are reasonably priced and flexible eg the ones we got were so many hours(sorry can't remember exactly) use over 3 days,you can either use 1 of 2 machines in the lobby or if you take your own laptop you can use it in your room, we only had a problem when there was a power cut and we lost the internet link for awhile.

Hope this helps, I am sure you will have a great time.

Regards Jean

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Hi Jean

We have just one night at Browns next year before starting a tour. Did you find any nice places to eat nearby? We will be quite tired after an overnight flight so probably wont want to wander too far. We all love seafood and it would be great to be on or overlooking the beach for our first night in Sri Lanka.

Many thanks

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Hi hmh,

I can't comment on the hotels around there as I stay in much cheaper places but there's a couple of restaurants which I've ben using for years.

The King Coconut,

11 Poruthota Road,

Negombo...Tel; +94-(0)-31-2278043

and

The Palm Lanka,

39 Poruthota Road,

Negombo. Tel; +94-(0)-31-4876177

Both on the same road as all the hotels and only a few minutes stroll.

Both serve Asian and Western food and they are both excellent.

Rod.

norfolk
Level Contributor
824 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Hello hmh

We found Browns Beach to be as good a place as any to eat, they do an inclusive buffet which compares well with any outside restaurant or you can eat in the hotel restaurant, we had a dish with lagoon prawns which was one of the best meals we have had anywhere, everything in SL is cheap compared to here.

I admit to being a wimp but I always felt the hotel had a higher standard than some other places we went to, still we lived to tell the tale so must have been okay!!

Enjoy your stay,

Regards

Jean

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

Hi

many thanks to both of you for ideas. Will make a note of them

H

8. Re: Clean beach hotel in Negombo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 05:27