We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goldi sands Negombo

Which Negombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
debclarke@sky.com
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
goldi sands Negombo

Can anyone tell me if the hotel Goldi sands provides pool towels as part of the all inclusive and has anyone been there lately Im going out 29th August for 2 weeks first trip to sri Lanka

UK
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: goldi sands Negombo

Hi,

I stayed there a couple of years ago and they certainly issued pool towels then.

I wasn't inclusive. Just used the deal with 1st choice as a cheap flight , used the Goldi Sands for a couple of days and then went off around the country but for the few days I was there, the staff were excellent and always helpful for whatever we wanted.

Rod.

debclarke@sky.com
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goldi sands Negombo

HI Rod

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. from your other posts on here seems like you are very knowledgable about Sri Lanka. I'm really lookin forward to going. We've never been to Asia before we've been to Sharm el Sheik for the last couple of holidays

southampton
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goldi sands Negombo

hi debclarke

your time at the goldi will be lovely

i am going back for the 5th time in nov this year

last time we stayed for 6 months and enjoyed every bit of it

the manager LAL DISSANAYAKE is very friendly and the staff are the best, honestly you will be treated like old fashioned colonials there (the doctor) is the man behind the bar is very knowlagable on sun burn and the like

the chefs are brilliant

and next door to goldi is a very small fishing market

do ask for a DELES RODRIGUES he is very friendly and will not ask for money all in all your stay will be memorable

just remember that it is a third worldcountry though and enjoy accordingly

debclarke@sky.com
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: goldi sands Negombo

HI

Thank you so much for reassuring me about the GOldi Sands hotel. The last traveller review was awful. But I've been to many hotels where the reviews have been like that and had really wonderful holidays. I think some people just love to complain!!!

If you are going for your 5th time I think we have picked a good hotel!

southampton
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: goldi sands Negombo

hi debs

you will totally enjoy your holiday

about three days brfore you go

email me at laulaufluffy@btinternet.com and i will give a couple of names fo sri lankans who can be trusted

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: goldi sands Negombo

Hi Goldi sands has just had a face lift with new pool deck, so I don't think you will have any problems. When you come out of the Hotel turn left and go up the road for 150 yards and go into new restaurant called "Phoenix Ice" or check their web sit on www.phoenixice.net

Have a great time.

sussex
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: goldi sands Negombo

Hi lau 18 Captai could you tell me at Goldi Sands what do you recommend to wear in evening for me and the wife trousers or skirt for wife thanks CS

southampton
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: goldi sands Negombo

hi capt sussex

either will suffice as they are rather informal but would suggest a long skirt for wife or trousers as there may be an issue with the little biters when you go.

just go and enjoy yourself

the staff are truly wonderful and you will be like old colonials. and once you have been there you will definately go again. just dont expect the ritz though !!!

sussex
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: goldi sands Negombo

Hi lau78, sorry in delay to your reply thanks for your advice, were traveling on Sep 05 with kuwait airlines to Kuwait,any idea we arrive early sun morning would we be able to book in at GOLDI SANDS. i hope to get away with 3/4 trousers in evening what do you think,any other tips would be great thanks CS

sussex
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: goldi sands Negombo

Hi lau78, sorry in delay to your reply thanks for your advice, were traveling on Sep 05 with kuwait airlines to Kuwait,any idea we arrive early sun morning would we be able to book in at GOLDI SANDS. i hope to get away with 3/4 trousers in evening what do you think,any other tips would be great thanks CS