We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombo International Airport to Negombo

Which Negombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northland Region...
Level Contributor
93 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Colombo International Airport to Negombo

Is it feasible to get a taxi at midnight to Negombo? How long would it take to get there? and how much would we expect to pay? Arriving from Singapore at 00.05.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

A taxi to Negombo should cost approx. LKR 1,600-1,700 and take approx. 20 minutes.

Hans

Negombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

From airport to negombo 20 mints................rates depend vehicle almost 1800 Rs

Colombo, null, Sri...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

It is always advisable to use a Airport Taxi if you are travelling at night.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 06:10
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

What's an Airport Taxi ? Is it any taxi dispatched from one of the taxi counters inside the airport ?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,366 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

I guess that is what they mean yes. By any means, daytime and nighttime, avoid the UNofficial taxis arranged by the touts in the waiting area opposite the counters. Regular messages appear here and elsewhere of then cheating you, and asking for extra money midway; without being given this they dump you on the main road in the middle of nowhere...

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

Its around 1500 rs and will take 15 minutes to get there

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

Today, I got the Official airport taxi from inside the arrivals hall at Colombo airport . It cost me 1580rupees, which is around 9 euro to go to negombo to the beach area near hotel J/ Camelot hotel/ browns hotel. It took 30 minutes but I was travelling at 5pm so maybe traffic made the journey longer than the usual 20 min. I really recommend using the airport taxi, their count is the first one in the arrivals hall, the sign over their counter is black with silver writing saying airport taxi. I got stopped by so many touts trying to get me o take a taxi for 2000 rupees or less but at least you know the airport taxi is properly licensed and will get you to your destination.

8. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 18:36
9. Re: Colombo International Airport to Negombo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Negombo