We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Hi all,

I tried to book tickets of Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei travelling on 30 August 2012, which is 2 weeks from now, but fail to do so. It stated that tickets are sold out. End up I manage to book a normal Tzechiang train from Hualien to Taipei but it takes 50 mins more compared to Taroko Express. Is there any possibility that I could still book a Taroko Express train?

Is there any lunch box for purchase in normal Tzechiang train from Hualien to Taipei?

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
842 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Try booking at 6am in the morning or break up your bookings. Eg Hualien - yilan - Taipei.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

But Taroko Express doesn't stop at Yilan right??

Thanks for your advise.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Some does, others not.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Oic, thanks Mariatan.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,341 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Click on the train class/code in the train schedule to see the names of the station stops along the train route where boarding and alighting are allowed.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
458 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

as blessed homemama say. log onto the net at 6 am for booking within the 14 days of travel. those tickets hold by the tour agencis will be force to give up if payment not piad,. so there will be tickets be release each morning.

Last restort, if you have driver who you have cater or booked, get them to help you to buy yellow cow ticket,(those ticket hold by the tour agencie).

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Hi all,

Thanks for spending time to reply me. You know what..At first I didn't manage to book the Taroko Express train, so I book the normal 2 hour 50 mins train from Hualien to Taipei. But eventually I forgotten to pay for my booking as I'm busy with other stuff. The time when I tried to make my payment, the booking was due, that day was the 3rd day since I made my booking. As I remember what the forumers mentioned before about travel agencies, so I tried my luck in booking the Taroko Express train again, and thank God I managed to book it. I'm so happy. Of course I make the payment directly.... ^_^

For those who face the same prob like me, maybe you all can try again on the 3rd day as like the forumers said the travel agencies will need to release those tickets if they haven't made the payment.

Hope this helps.....

Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
163 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

gosh, i couldnt buy my online ticket too to Hualien..12days before departure.!

I am going to try again tomorrow morning at 6am then~!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

Hi, I tried to find the website for booking of Taroko Express train tickets but can't find.. Can anyone please tell me the website?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
9,341 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couldn't book Taroko Express train from Hualien to Taipei.

http://railway.hinet.net/net_eng.htm