We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Which Hualien hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Petaling Jaya
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

I came back from a 8d trip, with a family of 8pax. We covered basically Taipei > Hualien and back to Taipei. Instead of taking a bigger car/van which could fit all of us, we opted for 2 smaller cars instead, coz half of the group are elderly folks, and we wanted to travel comfortably with enough space for luggage too.

It's our first time hiring a full-day driver, and I'd say ours, Mr Jin and Mr Wong, are both superb. Not only knowledgeable, they are careful and responsible drivers too. Very helpful with taking care of the elderly and also caarrying our luggage, and also recommending places which initially werent in our list of itineraries. They also informed us on what attractions are worth visiting, and what's special there. To us, they are not mere drivers, they seemed like local tour guides to us. Another thing to note, they DON'T force/bring us to go to places (eg: souvenir shops) which they could get commissions from, or if we dont want to go.

Mr Jin is based in Hualien (he's extremely knowledgeable especially if it comes to places like Taroko Gorge, Hehuanshan, etc... and Mr Wong is based in Taipei. But both of them fetch ppl around Taiwan too. In terms of prices, it usually depends on your route and places you wish to go to, from there they will quote you the price. Both have been very nice, i'd quote a few eg here:

- Initially our day trip is scheduled for 8 hrs per day, but most of the time, we actually exceeded and used up to 12 hrs

- On the day to Jiufen, we were supposed to top up another amount if we wish to go to PingXi and Shifen Waterfall (this was agreed upon in our email correspondence. The night before, I told Mr Jin that we would cancel that part as time didnt permit. But the next morning, both drivers managed to arrange for us and brought us there, and in the end didnt charge a single cent extra too!

- they also treated us local snacks/food from shops that tourists normally don't frequent, and didnt want to accept any cash for them

You can also arrange with them for pickup/send off to Taoyuan airport. The rate is definitely cheaper than hotel arrangement or other cabbies' arrangement. Do PM me if anyone's interested for their contacts :) Mr Jin especially is fully booked most of the time, so do plan your trip early if you wish to hire him.

301 replies to this topic
Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Hi,

I plan to go on Dec"13 pls pm me their contact ...thanks in advance:-)

Regard

Margaret

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Hi AddieY,

I'm also planning trip to Taiwan in dec 13 and would be so grateful if ou could share the contact of Mr Jin and Mr Wong. Kindly pm me or email to kenshare27@yahoo.com.sg. Thank you

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Hi

Please share with me their contact as im going on Oct 13.

Thanks.

Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

My email add: margaretkha@singnet.com.sg

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Hi, I would love to know Mr Jin and Mr Wong's contacts! Kindly email me at yuxuanchin@gmail.com

Penang Island...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Can I have the contacts for Mr Wong & Mr Jin? Thanks

Penang Island...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Can you please give me Mr Wong & Mr Jin contacts. Thanks

my email su_koon@hotmail.com

Kota Kinabalu...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Please give me contact/email on both the drivers. I will be in Taipei on 28th June till 3rd July 2013. My email is joseph.wong@cimb.com

Medan, Indonesia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Hii i will go to to taiwan this june too so please email me hisbcontact to vira.yunitan@gmail.com thanks a lot

Sydney
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend

Do they speak a bit of english? Pls email me their contact: yeddyi@gmail.com

Reply to: Hualien and Taipei drivers I wish to recommend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hualien