We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June weather

Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
June weather

From climate record is hot and sunny. But I think is chiller than Malaysia?

6 replies to this topic
Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
367 posts
82 reviews
1. Re: June weather

Baking hot. Kaohsiung is not the best place to visit in June, we are well overdue rain in southern Taiwan. So chances are, it's either going to be 30-35C with high humidity and sunny, or 30-35C with high humidity and rain.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: June weather

Imaging taking a hot shower in a closed bathroom in summer, this is how it would feel like in summer in Taiwan when it is raining. And it feels like a closed bathroom after a hot shower when it is not raining. Humidity would be your biggest enemy in Taiwan in summer.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: June weather

I was surprised how hot it was when i was there in June, had to stay in GH during the afternoon, and i am used to hot temperatures. Expect a shower or two as well.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
8,082 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: June weather

Strangely, it has been good the last few days, I guess it could be because we are expecting typhoons next week.

Not too humid either!!I was pleasantly surprised.

It did go up to 38C last mid week so any thing is possible.

We are looking forward to some rain

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
893 posts
72 reviews
5. Re: June weather

I stayed in May for a week. My clothes were not dry the entire time. As mentioned humidity was the big issue with me. I'm used to hiking in Arizona in the 109 degree heat without a problem, but 85 degrees in Taiwan with the 98% humidity was so uncomfortable...

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
6. Re: June weather

Just got back from Kaohsiung, its very hot during a day and we from asian country, but we got some heavy rain also.

Reply to: June weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted