We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

Which Kaohsiung hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

Is there public transport on Cijin Island? I can't cycle so I'm afraid that I won't be able to explore the island on foot alone.

Singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

Hi Tako,

Sorry I just saw this message and the speed seems to be at a leisurely pace and I believe no international licence is required. But as I did not rent from them, maybe the rest who had done so can advise :)

Have fun!! I miss Kaohsiung and Cijin lots!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
371 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

Okay, thanks. :)

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

Is it ok to cycle at cijin during winter, early Jan? Cos I heard the wind might be strong so too cold to do outdoor activity.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 14:47
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,671 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

I cycled at Cijin previously. It's fine to cycle at Cijin during winter. Temperatures in south Taiwan tend to be slightly higher than northern Taiwan. Winds are not that strong in Cijin.

I cycled at the 17km coastline scenic route on the west coast of Taiwan, stretching from Nanliao Fishing Harbour to Jhunan, south of Hsinchu. Encountered strong winds on the return route. No wonder Hsinchu has the nickname "windy city".

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

Thanks taiwanDIY :) can I also ask about the weather in CingJing during late December? Is it going to be foggy... I heard the temperature will drop until one digit at night, is it true? Thanks in advance :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
828 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

We visited CJ in early Dec 2 years ago, weather was around 10C at night. However, there was a cold wave last year and temp was very low (Alishan snowed in early Dec). Late Dec should be colder.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,671 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

In early Dec last year, the temperature at night and early morning was 6~8 degrees Celsius. Yes, late Dec is expected to be colder.

Whether it will be foggy, it is difficult to say. It was clear sky in early Dec last year but it was foggy in early May that same last year.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
828 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

May I know what's the bus frequency for bus R9? And does it bring you to the lighthouse?

singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

hihi,

just to check, the rental of bicycle is before taking the ferry or at the cijin island itself can rent? pls advise..

thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
828 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is there public transport on Cijin Island?

From my understanding, it is cheaper to rent bicycles before crossing over to the island. I may be wrong though as this info is what I've gathered from local blogs.