We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Which Taoyuan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Can anyone advise on which is the nearest Taiwan Railway Station (not High Speed Rail) from the Taoyuan Airport? My objective is to go there to catch the Chu-Kuang (莒光) line to Miaoli.

Is the Taoyuan Railway Station (桃園火車站) the nearest? And how much would it cost to take a taxi from the Taoyuan Airport to the Taoyuan Railway Station?

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,723 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Taoyuan Bus from Taoyuan TRA Station to Terminal 2 Taoyuan Airport takes about 45~55 mins.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Hualien County, Nantou County, Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

HHSiau. From your train arrival time you are coming from Hualien. If you want to play it safe, you can get off at Taipei instead and take bus to airport from Taipei Main Station.

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Does anyone know where and what bus to take from Taoyuan airport to Taoyuan Railway Station?

Hualien County...
Level Contributor
651 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

From airport it's easy, just follow the sign and you can find where the bus terminal is.

It's operate by Taoyuan Bus #5059, 0550-2130, runs about every 40 minutes, total travel time would also be 40 minutes at non-rush hours.

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Hi,

may i know how long is the journery from taoyuan airport to taoyuan railway station? Because i heading to 宜蘭。苏欧镇。the railway station is 苏欧新。still fingering out how to get there from airport T1. would be great if someone can advise me. greatly appreciated

Hualien County...
Level Contributor
651 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

I don't suggest using Taoyuan railway station, the following would be better options:

1. Airport T1 -> Kamalan Bus #1356B -> Yuanshan Transfer Station -> Kuo-Kuang Bus #1879 -> Suao

2. Airport T1 -> Unibus #705 -> HSR Taoyuan -> Taipei (Switch to TRA) -> TRA Suaoxin or Suao

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Hi eeveelugia ,

thanks so much for your comments. i am still fingering which way. Don't mind i check with you few things?

1. Airport T1 -> Kamalan Bus #1356B -> Yuanshan Transfer Station -> Kuo-Kuang Bus #1879 -> Suao

(is this directly bus? i check from the airport T1, there also a 国光客运, route 1819. is it the same as 1879?

i get this from minsu reply advice me take from airport of 国光号直逹南方欧, no further reply from minsu after i check with him few things. ) the place i intend to go is at 蘇欧镇。造船路。

2. Airport T1 -> Unibus #705 -> HSR Taoyuan -> Taipei (Switch to TRA) -> TRA Suaoxin or Suao

(from T1 to Hsr taoyuan NT30. do you have any idea taipei tra to suaoxin tra how much? is it direct train? i unable to search more info from the tra web too..

Sorry to ask you futher question... thank you very much for replying too.. :)

Edited: 27 October 2014, 08:32
Hualien County...
Level Contributor
651 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

About #1: There is no direct bus from Taoyuan Airport to any spot in Yilan county, you have to make transfer somewhere at Taipei area. And 1819 is heading for Taipei Main Station, not anywhere in Yilan.

Yuanshan Transfer Station is a bus terminal beside MRT Yuanshan, a bit north of Taipei's city center. Since you are going to Suao your only choice is Kuo-Kuang Bus #1879 (Yuanshan -> Suao). Once you are at T1, find Kamalan Bus #1356B to Yuanshan. Once arrived Yuanshan Bus Transfer Station, go to the ticket counter and buy ticket for Kuo-Kuang Bus #1879 to either "Suao" or "Nanfangao". Suao and Nanfangao are two separate settlements about 2km apart, but either is fine since your Minsu is located at somewhere with no bus service, so you will need to transfer to Taxi or walk. (If you intend to walk, get down at Nanfangao, which will be much closer.)

(There are other buses going for Luoding then connect Suao with free shuttle, and #9028 going another route, but I won't make things complicated here.)

About #2: Suao station is on a branch line so most express trains will not run through it (you have to make transfer at Suaoxin, also note that not all trains stops at Suaoxin). A few that actually head for Suao are slow and can take up to 3 hours. The price depends on the train class: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Taroko, Puyuma alike) will cost $261/$268 to Suaoxin/Suao respectively, Chu-Kuang Express will cost $201/$207, Local Train will cost $168/$173.

Once you arrived Suao station you still need to hire a taxi to your Minsu.

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Hi,

Really thanks alot for your guide. It helps me alot. Is easier for me to search. Proberly will choose the bus transfer as it seems more easier. As not every train go to suaosin too...

I been to taiwa few times. This round is the most difficult to plan. Wanted to go yilan. Taichung. Guguang. Taipei 101 countdown

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Nearest Railway Station (not HSR) from Taoyuan Airport

Hi eevelugia,

Since you are from taiwan, can i check with u? Hope u don mind. I am going to 玛格莉特。 i has arrange the car from the minsu to fetch us. But there is a timing. I must reach taichung station by 2pm. I am worried the timing i travel from yilan to taichung.

1) do you have any idea the timing of travelling from suaosin to taichung station?

2) incase i miss the car to fetch by 2pm. Can i just hail any taxi at taichung station? How much will that be ?

Thank you so much and enquiry with u so many things. Sorry to trouble u.

Get answers to your questions about Taoyuan