We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arusha two days what to do

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Arusha two days what to do

I am arriving early morning the day before my safari (mto wa mbu village, lake manyara np, rift valley,serengeti national park, ngorongoro crater) starts and have an additional day at the end.

What options are there?

What should i eat, buy, see, experience, must see? Any galleries, art, shopping.

What is the best way to travel to and from the airport?

thank you

10 replies to this topic
Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1. Re: Arusha two days what to do

HI

From Mto Wa Mbu you could go to Lake Eyasi and visit the Wa-Hadza bushmen, red bananas Mto Wa Mbu

Arusha NP is always worth a visit

Edited: 02 March 2017, 04:14
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Arusha two days what to do

Add Tarangire national park the home of elephants and great Savannah landescape

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Arusha two days what to do

Arusha Nat. Park - hiking, canoeing, colobus monkeys, flamingos, views of Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Arusha two days what to do

Since you have already done a safari and seen a lot of wildlife I recommend you do a cultural tour. See this link http://tanzaniaculturaltourism.go.tz/index.php) for cultural programs in the area. I recommend cultural tours close to Arusha such as Ilkidinga, EE-Yeiyo, Ilkurot, visiting Maasai tribe, Engaresero visiting Meru tribe to mention a few.

You can also choose to have day at leisure and shop for gifts and souvenirs in Arusha. Cultural Heritage has neat art gallery -http://www.culturalheritage.co.tz/ (art pieces are more on the expensive end but worth a visit) and Shangaa (http://www.shanga.org/).

Wales
Level Contributor
730 posts
5. Re: Arusha two days what to do

You should eat a Paneer butter masala at Hot Plate restaurant on Jacaranda street. Possibly the best Indian meal I have eaten. . . anywhere!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
6. Re: Arusha two days what to do

thank you All

Montana
Level Contributor
199 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: Arusha two days what to do

We just arrived home from having spent two weeks in Arusha doing volunteer work at an orphanage - Neema Village. They give tours, if something like that is on a list of things you'd like to see/do. It was wonderful to see how well the children are cared for, helped until they are able to be adopted or returned to their Tanzanian families.

I want to second the recommendation of visiting Shanga. We went there one Sunday afternoon and it was interesting to see how the disabled are able to earn an income. We also ate lunch at The Impala right next door which is a beautiful outdoor setting with GREAT food!

We went shopping at the Masaai Market and that is where we purchased probably 90% of our souveniers at a very good price.

Also, regarding shopping... we stopped at a very nice silver jewelry store where we were able to purchase some very nice rings for a reasonable price.. I saw some people wearing rings with the BIG FIVE on them so I asked where they purchased them and was able to find the same store! My daughter and I also purchased necklaces with an outline of Africa which we also LOVE! The owner was a very nice man who helped us pick just the right necklace to go with them. And, I didn't feel like he was trying to just sell us something!

We stopped at one of the Pick and Pay I think it's called to get some spicy bananas and some ginger soda which were great for munching on during safari. The ginger soda was SO GOOD and it helped calm my stomach on the long bumpy roads. We ended up liking those two things so much that we bought some after safari to bring home with us to share with our family.

If you get the change to visit a Masai Village, it will be a wonderful cultural opportunity.

I highly recommend Godfrey Willy with African Traits (www.africantraits.com) for a cultural tour or any other tours you may want to do in the area such as a climb up Mt Meru.

The Snake Farm was interesting for a short stop to look at their exhibits and they also have camel rides next door!

What types of things are you interested in?

Edited: 11 March 2017, 19:19
8. Re: Arusha two days what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2018, 13:23
Edited: 21 February 2018, 13:23

9. Re: Arusha two days what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2018, 13:23

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
4,225 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Arusha two days what to do

Luesav the best way to travel from airport is take Taxis which cost you 50$ or and the rest tour organise with TO or hire a safari car in Arusha

Reply to: Arusha two days what to do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted