We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ilboru Lodge

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
ilboru Lodge

Read the reviews on trip advisor and they seem to be decent but there are some that concern us. Does anyone have personal knowledge of this hotel and if it's a good place for a family to spend a night post climb with decent showers and food and beds? We are not looking for a budget place as we will want some level of comfort after the kili trek. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
1. Re: ilboru Lodge

Hi

I have used Ilboru for 20+ years - consistently good service Anne-Lise who runs the lodge amazingly friendly and a great swimming pool, home from home !

9 posts
2. Re: ilboru Lodge

It's a good place to stay, with a good pool and good food. It's not really a luxury hotel, but neither is it "budget." Rooms are comfortable and clean, the grounds nicely landscaped. No A/C, but fans are provided upon request. If you watch the video on their website, that is pretty much what it looks like: https://annelie3.wixsite.com/isl2015 I have stayed there myself, and have often recommended it to family and friends.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: ilboru Lodge

Ilboru safari lodge nice lodge go ahead

Afternoon chill in garden or swimming pool

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: ilboru Lodge

I found it quite nice and relaxing. No worries at all staying there.

Reply to: ilboru Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted