We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel buddies/homestay/zanzibar

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
29 posts
Travel buddies/homestay/zanzibar

Hi ,

I would like to come to Tanzania for wildlife and beach at Zanzibar. I would like to spend max 7 days. Any itinerary suggestion. A local tour guide suggestions? I am travelling with small budget so would like to find someone else to share price of accommodation and transport. I would also like to experience one or two days homestay if there is any. Very active,I am 36 Y.O man.

Please recommend which is better April,May,June,July.

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Montana
Level Contributor
199 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Travel buddies/homestay/zanzibar

I've just returned from my 4th trip to Tanzania. While on the mainland for safaris and cultural tours, we booked through African Traits. Everything was arranged to our complete satisfaction. The guides were very knowledgeable and were eager to ensure we saw everything on our list. On this trip, we were a family of four. However, in January my son-in-law went on safari and other tours alone with a more budget oriented accommodation arranged through African Traits and he also had a great experience.

While in Zanzibar, we went on a guided tour of Stone Town and Prison Island with Mr. Amour. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the town and he also stayed with us as we walked through the fish and meat markets as well as the fruit/vegetable areas where he helped us chose some items to purchase. After he dropped us off at our hotel, he gave us directions for a great place to watch the sunset and walk to the night food market.

If I understand correctly, it is now beginning the rainy season so perhaps another month or so is better? I guess it would be best to ask the tour operator that question.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Travel buddies/homestay/zanzibar

June/July is easy to get join group safari instead of April and may

There is low budget accommodation in Arusha such like Arusha backpackers or Arusha tourist inn

There is several TO organise join group safari try to visit www.Tatotz.org

April and may is long rainfall season

Edited: 27 March 2018, 05:53
Reply to: Travel buddies/homestay/zanzibar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted