We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

Northern Ireland
5 posts
Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

Can anyone please tell me what airline flies from Arusha to Nairobi? I know there is a bus shuttle but unfortunately at present times this isn't safe to use.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

Note that there are two airports near Arusha: Arusha (ARK) and Kilimanjaro (JRO). ARK is a domestic airport. There are no direct flights to Nairobi from there. JRO is international and so there are a few airlines that fly to Nairobi. Note that in Nairobi, there are two airports as well: NBO (aka JKIA Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) and Wilson (not sure of the airport code). Both of these are international so be certain which one you are flying in or out of as it could make a difference if you are catching a connecting flight.

As for airlines, Precision Air flies JRO-NBO and does this in partnership with Kenya Airways and Regional Air flies in partnership with Air Kenya. I believe Regional Air goes to Wilson airport and Precision goes to NBO.

I think Ethiopian Airlines might do something as well. Others? Let's see if other TA friends know of them.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

I think Brian got the flights, Precision Air and Kenya Air. Precision and Kenya Air codeshare with each other, so the flights are the same I believe. The websites for their schedules are www.kenya-airways.com and www.precisionairtz.com.

Northern Ireland
5 posts
3. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

Many thanks for the info. It has been a great help.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,751 posts
445 reviews
4. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

As above.

Ethiopia fly Addis-JRO-DAR so worth a look too if you have not got your flights yet.

Otherwise Precision and Regional are your best bet.

But don't be put off the shuttle, if it is running you should be Ok as you are heading away from the North where the trouble is centred.

If you have not got your International tickets yet consider avoidng NBO altogether and flying to DAR. Lots of carriers, BA, Swiss, Emirates, Gulf etc., and then hop up to Arusha.

Northern Ireland
5 posts
5. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

We're trying to plan flights home to UK from Tanzania (Kilimanjaro) as our daughter is already in Africa. She's scheduled to fly home from Kenya (Nairobi) but her African tour guide company has indicated that that her tour will end a few days early in Arusha instead of Nairobi. A flight to Nairobi has been advised.

Can anyone offer any advice?

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
6. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

There is a daily flight from Arusha to Wilson (domestic) airport in NBO. Departs Arusha 1:45pm, arriving Wilson 2:45pm. Otherwise, most flights are JRO into NBO's JKIA.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,751 posts
445 reviews
7. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

Arolcay,

Now we know the problem we can come up with answers.

Forget the shuttle bus and the flight to Wilson field as your daughter would still have to traverse Nairobi for her flight home from NBO. Not a good idea at the moment.

Kilimanjaro (JRO) is about 45 mins to an hour east of Arusha along a good tar road. There are local buses (Watatu) but I would suggest that either the tour company will arrange the transfer (Your daughter will not be the only one in this situation.) If not a taxi is around $50 or there are regular shuttles heading for Moshi which stop off at the airport.

Regular flights to NBO several times a day.

Regional & Precision are the main ones. Allow no less than 2 hours for changing planes to be safe.

Don't worry, She will be fine.

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

Agree completely with Mfuwe. Have her take the Precision Air flight from JRO to NBO. She can get the tickets at their office on Boma Street (in the bank building near to the clock tower, if she'll be in Arusha she'll know where this is). Whenever I've used Precision Air they will have a shuttle available to take you to the airport from Arusha. Have her ask at their office about this.

Don't worry she will be OK.

9. Re: Flights from Arusha to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 23:19